Mopar park and peek?

-

SixFourDart

Reaction score
Anyone interested in having a cruise or park and peek type of event?
I live in Central Illinois and thought this would be cool to do. To meet a few of the people here on the board and check out their rides.

Hey Chris. Sorry I didn't see this any sooner. Me and the misses would be up for it but of course you allread know us. Hopefully some more might chime in.

BTW: I didn't know that was you until last week when I was talking to your dad and he told me. What threw me was I though you lived up around Springfield. Duh!!!

I would be up for something like that..my car aint much yet but by the end of the summer I should have the 440 in it. There is a show in Roanoke Its the Mopars at Roanoke show and cruise in and I guess they had a big turnout last year and it was the first time that the show was on. Im Gonna to to it hopefully I will have the body on my Barracuda looking good by then. I will let you know the dates of the show and get all the info on it.

If I lived closer, I'd be all for it too! Maybe you just need to move closer to the Chicagoland area... :tongue3: we've got a sh|t ton of Mopar's up here with cruise nights 6 days a week!!!

Our first big show of the season is this Sunday, the 21st in Naperville!! :D :D

Hey Wolf360RT. Man I had to look Roanoke up. Never heard of it and I get around. It's about 150 miles or so NE of me. Don't have the Cuda done yet but hope to have it done in the next month but I'm not sure if I can afford the gas to drive that far and back until I get the gears changed out. (It's got 4:10's now).

Lemonboy I wish we had cruises 6 days a week like you. Lucky dog! You are a long haul away from me. I was up your way a few years ago visiting some cousins. That would be a lonnnnnnnng drive for a park and peek.

fishy68 said:
Hey Wolf360RT. Man I had to look Roanoke up. Never heard of it and I get around. It's about 150 miles or so NE of me. Don't have the Cuda done yet but hope to have it done in the next month but I'm not sure if I can afford the gas to drive that far and back until I get the gears changed out. (It's got 4:10's now).

Lemonboy I wish we had cruises 6 days a week like you. Lucky dog! You are a long haul away from me. I was up your way a few years ago visiting some cousins. That would be a lonnnnnnnng drive for a park and peek.

are you looking for gears?

Yeah I eventually will be. I'd like to run it a couple times just to see how these 4:10's do then see how it does after I switch it out. I'm gonna be at your dad's sat. morn to get some parts off that 69. You gonna be around?

I looked up the date for the Mopars at Roanoke show and it is on July 29. I really hope I might be able to get my 440 in my Barracuda by then and have it looking nice and in primer if not painted. I plan on being there and I think my boss is going to bring his 70' Road runner with a 800hp 572ci hemi up there and his dad is gonna bring his 35 plymouth coupe. So if anyone in central Illinois can make it you should come, I was a really good turn out last year and it was the first year that they had it, they expect to have an even bigger turn out this year.

Hi Guys
I'd be up for a park and peek in the central IL area, I live in Springfield and I've been working on 68 Barracuda about a year and a half, it should be ready to paint in about a week, I would look forward to getting together, there used to be a Mopar club in this area but I haven't been able to find anyone now.
The Dodge dealer here in town used to have a car show every year but it has been sold to someone else so I don't know if they will continue the tradition or not.

Gary Barrow said:
Hi Guys
I'd be up for a park and peek in the central IL area, I live in Springfield and I've been working on 68 Barracuda about a year and a half, it should be ready to paint in about a week, I would look forward to getting together, there used to be a Mopar club in this area but I haven't been able to find anyone now.
The Dodge dealer here in town used to have a car show every year but it has been sold to someone else so I don't know if they will continue the tradition or not.
I used to work @ Capitol Dodge now Green Dodge. Now i work @ Landmark Chrysler. I won the burn out contest @ the Mopar show 2 years in a row, the first year with my Cuda and the second year W/my Dart.Have to stop by sometime and shoot the sh#t. We (my dad,sis,wife and I) have several mopars and parts if need be. :thumblef:

fishy68 said:
Yeah I eventually will be. I'd like to run it a couple times just to see how these 4:10's do then see how it does after I switch it out. I'm gonna be at your dad's sat. morn to get some parts off that 69. You gonna be around?
I have a set of nice 3.23 in a 489 powder coated case, new bearings and all.... :poke: :poke:

Do not know if any of your are interested, but the local car club
in Jerseyville, Il. has a cruise in every first Friday of the month.
I finally made it here from Ca. and there was three dusters,
a 35 dodge and a RR when i went last month. There was at
least 75 to 100 cars. It is at the BugerKing on route 67 in front
of the Wal-mart.

67Valiant360 said:
Do not know if any of your are interested, but the local car club
in Jerseyville, Il. has a cruise in every first Friday of the month.
I finally made it here from Ca. and there was three dusters,
a 35 dodge and a RR when i went last month. There was at
least 75 to 100 cars. It is at the BugerKing on route 67 in front
of the Wal-mart.
Nice, glad to see you made it. :thumblef:

-
Back