Mopar Performance Rockers

-

spdge70

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mopar makes these themselves or are these aftermarket with a Mopar part number? The W2/W5 offset and W9 rockers look an awful lot like T&D rockers.
If they are made by Mopar, anyone have any issues with them?

Does anyone know if Mopar makes these themselves or are these aftermarket with a Mopar part number? The W2/W5 offset and W9 rockers look an awful lot like T&D rockers.
If they are made by Mopar, anyone have any issues with them?

not sure but most of m/p is outsourced

i work for Mopar at the Centerline National Parts Distribution center. i can tell you first hand that almost no parts in general are made by Chrysler. it seems that only sheet metal and certain castings ie blocks, transmissions are Chrysler. MP distributors are Prestolite or Mallory, rockers are T&D or Crane, etc. there is no Chrysler performance manufacturing facility, they just sell other companies parts in Mopar Performance boxes.

Thanks for the response. I figured a lot of it might be outsourced but before spending upwards of a 1000.00 on rockers, wanted to make sure...+ I've got a buddy that works at a Dodge dealer, I'm hoping to use that discount if possible!!

Any idea about the valves?

I'd like to add that I think that most of the parts are "seconds". My experience building my engine showed me that the quality control is less than zero on many MP parts. At least it was back in the mid 90's when I was building my 340.

I built a 360 for a friend and he insisted on ordering MP cast pistons. When they showed up, I pulled one out of the box and it was clearly a Silvolite piston with the Silvolite number mostly ground off. I could have gotten him the same pistons for way less. The only difference besides the price would have been the box they came in.

-
Back