Mopars at the pond?

-

IgotDUST

Banned
Reaction score
Ok everyone, awhile back I was working on my duster that I had bought in michigan and I fount a painted metal plate from 2004 I believe that had a sticky backing like for sticking to a sun visor.

The plate read Mopars At The Pond and it had a cartoon picture of classic mopars lined up and an old dodge pick up... up close and I think it showed some woods and a building with neon signs in the windows or something.
And it may have a few other things aswell...plus it had the date (which I can not remember as of right now).

But anyway's I wanted to ask everyone if they have been to or know anyone that had been to this event and for how long it has been going on and if it even still exists?.
I am curious if maybe my car had been placed in a show prior to my restoration and if maybe I could get any info on it or take it back there one day as an entirely different car.

The metal sign I believe say's this mopars at the pond took place in chelsea,MI in 2004 or something.

Any info would be cool!

"Mopars at the Pond" is an event held by an individual named Herb Pearson, and it is at his house on M-52 near Chelsea, Michigan. It is usually held around the second weekend in September, but it has been known to change to accomodate other events. Herb is a retiree from the Chelsea Proving Grounds and has a lot of nice rolling stock, and the event usually gathers a good amount of cars. Herb also has an old antique gas station recreated in his yard, and is completely stocked with old automobilia, it's pretty cool. If you'd like, will keep you in the loop and when I get the flyer for it next year, I will alert you to the time and date and you can bring your iron out for a little show and tell. I'll bet that you could drum up some information on your car when you are there, a lot of the same people come year after year. Geof

"Mopars at the Pond" is an event held by an individual named Herb Pearson, and it is at his house on M-52 near Chelsea, Michigan. It is usually held around the second weekend in September, but it has been known to change to accomodate other events. Herb is a retiree from the Chelsea Proving Grounds and has a lot of nice rolling stock, and the event usually gathers a good amount of cars. Herb also has an old antique gas station recreated in his yard, and is completely stocked with old automobilia, it's pretty cool. If you'd like, will keep you in the loop and when I get the flyer for it next year, I will alert you to the time and date and you can bring your iron out for a little show and tell. I'll bet that you could drum up some information on your car when you are there, a lot of the same people come year after year. Geof

Thank you cosgig, sounds like you really have your info in order lol ( I like that).

And yes I would like to be kept in the loop and bring the duster out.

For being in someones back yard, The little sticky back mopars at the pond trinket I have sure does look fancy lol.

Again, thank you for the info and if you happen to drum up any more details then please let me know.

Do you think there is a way to get ahold of him and possibly he may have a photo album of mopars that may have been there the year in question? He may have some old pictures of mine and maybe tell me a bit of history.

Thanks again!

Oh yea, I can get a hold of him, he is a pretty good friend of ours, especially my brother. If you could post a couple pictures of your car, I will download them and take them by for him to see. Herb is a very interesting guy, he has beeen into Mopars since our treasures were new. He has gone through a number of different interests since I've known him. He has a longstanding interest in the 67-9 Cudas and has no less than 5 of these. He also has been into the Little Red Express trucks lately and has amassed 4 or 5 of those and now he is into Ramchargers and has 2 or 3 of those. That is not counting the cars he has had since new, including a Hemi GTX and and some other nice iron. All told I think he has about 40 cars, some parts cars and some done. I know for a fact that the 340 3 speed Duster that my buddy sold him is still languishing on the back 40 there, along with another 71 340 Duster complete with sharktooth grille and trunk mounted wing!!! Send me some pics and I'll pass them along and we'll see what he knows about your car. Geof

-
Back