Mopars @ Englishtown, May 19th & 20th

-
fstfish66 said:
welll last weekend was spring e town,,,not a mopar event,,,sadly its a chevy world,,, and there were a few guys on the spectator side selling used mopar stuff,, and to vendors selling new mopar stuff,,,jacks and herbs,,,i perfer herb my self,,,
since i moved back to this area in 1998 there has been a rumor about the locals trying to shut down E TOWN,,,the track has been there 40 years,,, those people new it was there when they purchased those homes,,so they need to learn to deal with it,,,,,as for shutting down,, i dont think so,,, at the main gate,, on the right is a dirt track for motor cycles,, on the left there is a sign saying,,,road race course comming,,,,and construction has started,, so i dont think they would be spending money building a new road race course if there were about to go under,,,as for the mopar stuff,, there is never hardly any at spring e town,,, there is more junk lawn mowers,, bikecycle,, washing maching junk then there are car parts,,and the mopar event isnt much to write home about either any more,,it has been geting smaller and smaller every year for the last 10 years,, mainly do to how it is run,,,and the fact ,,that all the show car guys do nothing but cry if they dont get a 10 dollar prize,,for there show car,,its that attitude that has taken a toll on the amount of cars there,, the drag racing is still a kool part of that event,,,and you can see all of the swap meet in an hour,,,if you want tons of cars,,and parts,, go to chrysler at carlisle,,, it is second to none,, as far as mopar events,,

Well thanks for the update... Ill have to tell my dad whats up :)
I guess i can hold out for carlisle then :p

in 2000 i was asked by bob riggle,,,to be his tow vehicle,,,i was at his camp all day,,,towed the hemi under glass,,to the starting line 3 times,,and then back to the pits,.,,that car has always been my hero car,,so i got to hang out with the hemi under glass,,,and talked with bob rigle all day,,,was a great time at E TOWN,,, back then

unit0003 said:
im brand new to mopars ive always had.. well "others"..... needless to say i own one now and im enjoying learning from all you guys out there with lots of experience to share.

Anyways.. I didnt see anyone mention it here.. but my dad told me last night this may actually be the last Englishtown show. reason being is that all the houses that grew up around the track are now complaining that they really make to much noise.. According to my dad.. the town has essentially given them the line.. they can sell to a developer.. for 18-30 mil or something or the town will shut them down..

Now i havent heard this from an offical source.. Other than my dad.. who i personally consider an offical source but you may not :) But if its true.. and im kinda looking for some verification.. it might be worth doing what we can do for the extra turnout. I was not planning on going but if someone can confirm that this is the case.. i will make the trip.

From the looks of all the new developement to the non-drag racing portions of the place, I don't think it is going anywhere in the near future.

-
Back