more power?

-

pjc360

Reaction score
i have a 360 magnum crate engine, its the 300hp 375 ft lb of torque 360 magnum crate engine, bought it thru my local dodge dealership, im running hedman headers dual exhaust with an H-pipe and 24 inch glass packs, i have the dual plane edelbrock rpm air-gap intake manifold, the 600cfm edelbrock performer series carb, the mopar electronic ignition and distributer, got the napa echlin rotor and distributer cap, and a borg warner coil.
What other easy and affordable bolt ons can i do to squeeze a little more out of this engine? i was once told to pop the valvle coves off and change something in there but i forget wether it was the lifters or what? oh and somone also suggested that i run the weiand stealth dual plane intake manifold instead of the rpm air-gap, im not at all disapointed with the engine it performs very well, runs good and strong, only complaint i really have with it is that it takes forever to warm up, but i am running a carb and i do not have the manual choke hooked up yet.

A high flow/cold air intake. A different chip if it's in a newer model auto. Cam change maybe

The first thing I would do would be to chunk that 600 in the trash. It needs more carburetor. A 3310 Holley would be a great step up and a MUCH better match. I bet it would run like a crack dealer from the law then.

Bigger carb would help, something in the 750 cfm range. More cam would certainly make more power. The choice would depend on the rest of your combo.

The Weiand Stealth would be a downgrade from the RPM. What you have now is about as good as it gets dual plane wise.

so a holley carb and increase to a higher cfm? by increasing to a higher cfm wont i lose throttle response? the main reason i decided to go with the 600 is cause i was told id have better throttle response and that this engine aint set up to run past 6 thousand rpm anyways, it makes its max torque at 4000 rpm and max horse power at 4750 rpm, and on the wot torque/horse power graphs i have seen for this engine show a decline at 5000 rpm.
So based on that is why i decided to get the 600cfm, figured since it stops making power at 5000 rpm might as well run a 600cfm and have better throttle response. is there any kind of upgrade i can do to the valves or valve springs, ignition? i have a crane cams ls1 fireball ignition coil, but i do not have the box.

-
Back