muffler case size

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i wanted to start a thread of which mufflers everyone is using...you could simply post the part numbers or the actual case specs like- in/out diameter/ offset (if any), height, width, length, shape (round or oval), diameter (if oval)

just trying to get an idea of what fits under an abody good...im trying to decide on a case size for my mufflers and it would be nice to have as a reference what some of the others are using and what fits under an abody nicely...pics are also more than welcome...any little bit of info is really

thanks
Matthew

Mine are custom stainless, 2 1/2" in/out, the exterior replicates OEM, but little restriction inside.

They were made specific to my application, by a fabricator who now has started his own exhaust company in Elmira Ont. Close to home for you Matt.

Theres like a million that'll fit.

so what are they? or specifically what are you using?

Mine are custom stainless, 2 1/2" in/out, the exterior replicates OEM, but little restriction inside.

They were made specific to my application, by a fabricator who now has started his own exhaust company in Elmira Ont. Close to home for you Matt.

hey giles,
i remember you fired her up for me, sounded good with those muffs! Ive really grown fond of the sound of Borla xr-1's, so im going to try and run those, but trying to decide which case will fit in there best is kinda hard...thought id see what everyone else runs

Are you getting a custom exhaust? Built around the muffler?

yes it will be custom (2 car garage special lol)...i know the borla's flow very very well, have a lifetime warranty and wont blow out, and sound killer8)

Flowmaster....Original 40 series..... Not for the timid !!!!

Hey Johnny, curious to know which size did you use? as in case size? thats what im after more than anything, to see around what dimension case fits cleanly under the abody

14: case size is gonna be about what most people are using. I think A body Joe got long cased Dynomaxx under his Dart. The shorter the case, The louder the muffler.

Hey Johnny, curious to know which size did you use? as in case size? thats what im after more than anything, to see around what dimension case fits cleanly under the abody

4" thick....9.75" wide......13" case.

To tell you the truth I love the sound of my Flows,but I believe
there are better flowing (straight through) mufflers out there. Magnaflows ?

But for the $ the Flowmaster Org 40's are a great muffler.

4" thick....9.75" wide......13" case.

To tell you the truth I love the sound of my Flows,but I believe
there are better flowing (straight through) mufflers out there. Magnaflows ?

But for the $ the Flowmaster Org 40's are a great muffler.

sweet johnny! sounds similar in spec to the muffs im looking at (although mine are slightly thicker and longer and center in/out)..im looking at the borla's right now, but there magnaflows do flow well (although they kinda lack in the sound department imo)

I have Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flows under my Cuda. They are 4" thick, 9.5" wide and 17" long. I have 2.5" offset in and 2.5" center out. These are resonably quite at cruise with no resonance but have a nice bark at WOT.

Don't get hung up on individual muffler flow numbers. All performance mufflers flow more than the engine produces. Make your choice on sound.

I have Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flows under my Cuda. They are 4" thick, 9.5" wide and 17" long. I have 2.5" offset in and 2.5" center out. These are resonably quite at cruise with no resonance but have a nice bark at WOT.

Don't get hung up on individual muffler flow numbers. All performance mufflers flow more than the engine produces. Make your choice on sound.

yea my buddy has the 50's on a 572 Nova and they sound wicked...that case is also pretty similar, if but a bit smaller than what i was planning on going with...im not really hung up on flow numbers..imo straight through mufflers sound much much better than any chambered muffler, and the Borla's sound wicked! its just a bonus that the flow good and are wicked loud! (115db at idle...yea baby!)

-
Back