my EGR and vacuum advance isn't hooked up, does it matter?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
It runs pretty good the way it is. I even have three wires coming from the firewall that isn't connected either (Green, Dark Green, and grey), I don't even know what they are for? Like I say? It runs, so??

8)i'd plug in the vacuum advance, this will aid in performance and MPG, run it from the carb into the vacuum pot on the dixxy (if it has a pod), advance the timing some more on the dizzy and things will wake up some.

Vacuum advance should be connected for cruise economy. For EGR to function properly it needs to be routed through a thermal vacuum valve that normally mounts in the radiatior tank and some models even used an air temp vacuum valve in the air cleaner housing. The main problem without your EGR functioning is a possible lean condition and high exhaust temps. EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) was intended to partially fill the combustion chamber with an inert "filler" so a leaner cleaner mixture could be used. If your carb is still jetted for EGR and the timing is set accordingly you could have detonation or burned exhaust valve issues from prolonged use out of spec.

-
Back