My First Car

-

sniekamp

Reaction score
Im 19 and always wanted a old car to drive and work on. This weekend I found the one! 1974 dodge dart custom 4 door with 74,000 miles. Picked it up for 1500 dollars. It has a 318 that runs awesome! Its completely stock and I mean to keep it that way with a few minor changes (new exhaust, rims and wheels). Maybe some performance stuff under the hood too. Im really looking forward to it. Its already turning some heads up here in alaska being one of the only older rust free cars.

Welcome to the site, and to old cars in general.

Even though new ones are more powerful, more comfortable, and get better mileage, there's nothing like the experience and personality of older cars.

Awesome!!! I understand your excitment! I still have my first car I got bought when I was 16 and still have it, 1974 Satellite Sebring Plus. Had a 318, veryfirst thing I did was swapped a set of Rallye wheels and new white lettered tires on it, then after a few years of learning, dropped in a 340 and 8 3/4 rear. I am now 35, great to see young guys in the hobby!! Have any pictures? Sounds like a nice car, great to find them with low miles and original, have fun!

-
Back