Need 4-post lift capacity recommendation

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
I have decided to buy a Direct Lift 4-post lift because I've purchased one of their rotisseries, found the quality to be top-notch, and IMHO Direct Lift provides a very good bang for the buck.

What lifting capacity would I need in a 4-post to lift a B-200 camper van or a D-300 dually?

Thanks very much.

I bought a 4-post recently. The biggest thing I have to put on it is my 2500 Ram TCD. It weighs about 5800 lbs dry, so I figured a couple of hundred more for fluids and the tools in the back. Then I got an 8000 lb lift as I wanted a little extra capacity. I would not want to lift one ton of weight with a one-ton jack but that's just me. Your owner's manual will give you the curb weight on your vehicles, or you can take them to a truck stop and for a few bucks they will weigh them for you.

I have a Forward 4 post 9000 LB lift....& had the company (small mom & pop company) deliver & set up for me... it was a little spendier than some models but very good quality. I really like it. I went with the 9000 LB so that I could lift 4x4 pickups, my skidloader or small tractors. I also purchased 2 rolling hyd jacks for it. Now i can safely raise both ends of a vehicle to swap tires, brakes,etc. Wished I had one of these years ago!!!

I have a 9000 lb capacity 4 post lift also. Make sure you get one that is wide enough to hold your dually. Look at the distance between the posts. I have to fold my mirrors in to get on it. Plus it's best for me to have someone to help line you up on the lift as my pickup wheels are right on the outside edges of the runners. Go bigger if you can and make sure your dually has room. My puller is a 2009 Chevy 2500 HD with a Duramax.

-
Back