Need aftermarket steering wheel/column pics

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm back to ordering a few things for my 70 Dart build and I need a steering wheel! I have a flaming river polished stainless steering column, and I'd like to see pics or get recommendations on what aftermarket steering wheel I should get. Also, if you guys have flaming river columns, would be cool to see some pics of those too! Here's a pic of my dash and column. What will look good?

2lc8qr4.jpg

I dont have any pics but where did you get that gauge/dash insert? I want something like that for my 73 dart swinger, all aftermarket gauges.

I went with a Grant (Plymouth horn button) that is similar to an e-body Tuff wheel. It has a leather-like grip that I like - comfortable without being too skinny.

Giller, that's a Rocky Mountain Dash - now defunct.

Attachments

• show02img.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 646
I went with a Grant (Plymouth horn button) that is similar to an e-body Tuff wheel. It has a leather-like grip that I like - comfortable without being too skinny.

Giller, that's a Rocky Mountain Dash - now defunct.

Oh, I like that! Do you have a part number?

Any others out there?

This is my homemade set-up.

Attachments

• dash1.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 625
Keep in mind that smaller diameter wheels could make it difficult to see the gauges where you hands block the ones that are side by side. I found that out the hard way with a 13" wheel in my Barracuda (of course I have a stock dash setup). I went up to a 15" wheel, and the obstruction was gone and actually the car felt much better. You may want to mock up a cardboard 'ring' to try different sizes to avoid a costly mistake.

wheelinstall.jpg

I got the same wheel as 70 Duster. I think its 14" but I like the medium leather grip. I dont worry about the gauges because the "important ones" are under the dash by my right knee...
I think these are usually $135 or so but I scored mine on Ebay for $75 new.

I do like the 15" Grant Tuff Wheel Part #1004 - Classic Nostalgia but at $200-280 for a repop, its at the end of the line of needs. The foam Tuff wheels are more affordable- but Im not a foam guy.

Id like to end up with a Tuff Wheel eventually. Grant Tuff Wheel link: http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/125/

Pics of both below:

Attachments

• dart 2 056.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 657
  • grant 1130.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 525
  • grant tuff wheel.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 564
-
Back