Need help and parts to install 4 speed in 62 Lancer

-

NewLancerMan

Newbophile
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm slowly assembling the parts to swap out my a904 and install a 833 in the floor. The problem is, I'm having real trouble locating the correct pedal assembly, zbar, mounting plate and linkages. The tranny is complete except for the 3/4 shift tab (says DIR) on it. Brewers has these, so I should be ok there. I've got the pedals from a 65 dart, but they are totally different, and the zbar looks different too. So if my car was a little newer, i'd be set! :D

Here's my wishlist:

-pedals and zbar/mounting plate with all pieces
-inspection cover (can be from 3 speed)
-clutch/pressure plate/bellhousing/fork

Also, I'm tempted to toy with a hydraulic throwout bearing setup, but was appalled at the cost of something like the Keisler stuff. Is there a cheaper/easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

MJ

Whats up!
Dont know if youve seen it yet but HawaiiDuster had an extra set of A-Body pedals a while back...

check out the thread titled "Early A body. SB w/Lakewood" from 7/29/04.

good luck!

I have a z-bar, and clutch fork if you need it still. Otherwise checkout Jamie @ Passonperformance.com he hooked me up with all new stuff.

Yes please! What year is the zbar and such from? Passon, Brewers, etc don't have parts for the 60-62 stuff, but they have the rest for a price of course!

Thanks!, just email me direct

MJ

sorry Lancerman, I thought I still had some older stuff, but I cleaned house when I took the \6 down to the shredder. I'll keep looking for it tho.

-
Back