Need help reassembling steering column

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I've finally decided to reassemble the steering column and reinstall it back in my 65 Valiant. It's automatic on the column. I followed the instructions in the 65 Chrysler repair manual which was pretty precise but I think I went further. I've got two new seals which I'm not sure of locations because mine were torn to pieces and couldn't identify them. One with the nylon in it I know goes on the steering shaft. But this other one I cant remember where it goes and I'm afraid it should've gone on before I put on the column support so I will have to disassemble it and reassemble it all again. If you would like to see the seal it's on EBAY, just copy and paste the description "65 Valiant steering column seal". I'm also worried about the accuracy of the shifter because that shifter box mechanism on the bottom is complicated. Is there any adjustment I need to do before I hook the cables back up to the transmission so that I know the shifter works? There is also one plastic push in clip near where the turn signal connector is that was broken but I don't know what it should've looked like. Does anyone have a picture of the correct clip that goes there? It's a white nylon push pin clip, I guess to hold the signal harness in place on the outside of the column. I'm also missing the reverse actuator arm, washer, and switch.

-
Back