Need Help! removing drum brake rod

-

340wedge

Reaction score
I am having alot of trouble removing my drum brake rod from the brake pedal, it already popped off the master cylinder. Is there a trick to this, any wrench that has worked? Thanks

Piece of cake. What looks like a pin in the brake pedal that the pushrod attaches to is actually a bolt and nut. You will need a couple long box end wrenches, not sure of the size, but somewhere around 3/4" will be ballpark. You can reach up with a wrench on either side of the brake pedal until you feel the hex heads. Work the wrenches on the heads and break them loose.Takes a bit if a grunt,but it's not too bad. I can still do this one as busted up as I am. Hope this helps.

Thanks, i'll give it a try, i was having problems fitting the box end between the brake pedal and assembly to get to the bolt...maybe a thinner box wrench?

I just removed mine, an open end 3/4" will slide in beside the steering column, 5/8" socket on the other side and your ready to go.

Thanks guys, The two different sizes confused me too....I think i have it now!..Thanks again

-
Back