Need help with everything

-

cuda67

Reaction score
On August 24 I installed the magnum mopar crate, it runs good, not fine tuned yet, why? I don't know how to do it. It is not that bad but I am trying to take care of smaller issues first like exhaust leak I can't seem to stop. But today on the way back from a friend's house I punched it and it fell on it's face, stumbled, bogged down and such. Tried to stomp on it a couple of times on the way home and same thing. It didn't do that last week. I am by no means tech savvy or even slightly informed but if I had to render a guess I would say it is more than likely a carb problem rather than a timing issue.
I have a Holley Street avenger 4150, mdl. 80770-1. It is new and has never been in service till now. However, it sat on this engine for about 2-3 years on an engine stand. I know it has issues because my friend and I messed with the idle mixture screws, trying to smooth out the idle and they had zero effect, even when turned all the way in or out. They are set at 1 1/2 turns out at this time. Does anyone have a clue where I should start looking. Could it be a power valve? Oh yeah, if I pick up speed gently it performs well, this only happens when I tromp on it. It just falls flat on it's face.

Hope someone can help.

:banghead:

I have the 380 HP crate motor. Sometimes, there are shavings in the needle/seat area from the factory which I discovered. My suggestion is get the recommended carb 750 Holley (I have a double pumper) and have someone who knows those carbs well for tuning purposes. Mine screams.

-
Back