Need help with tires

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
I know this has been done to death before, but I am about to buy new tires and have some doubts.

I would like to keep the tire height the same or very close back vrs front.

I have just installed the offset spring kit hoping to be able to run 275-60-15. Not a chance.

Then I wanted to run 255-60-15 but when measuring the tire is 27" round. I am very sure it will rub / hit up against the front/bottom of the fender.

For those who are running this tire size what other mods did you have to do to get this tire to fit? Is my only other option is to go to a 255-50-15 tire?

Any suggestions for a front tire size with either tire for the rear?
thanks

I'm running 255/60/15 on 15X7" wheels 4.5" backspacing on my 68 Dart. (Mickey Thompson Drag Radials)

I know this has been done to death before, but I am about to buy new tires and have some doubts.

I would like to keep the tire height the same or very close back vrs front.

I have just installed the offset spring kit hoping to be able to run 275-60-15. Not a chance.

Then I wanted to run 255-60-15 but when measuring the tire is 27" round. I am very sure it will rub / hit up against the front/bottom of the fender.

For those who are running this tire size what other mods did you have to do to get this tire to fit? Is my only other option is to go to a 255-50-15 tire?

Any suggestions for a front tire size with either tire for the rear?
thanks

I've seen the 275 60 15's on Dusters and Demons when used with 15x8 rims and 4.5 backspace. Very tight fit, comes close to the inner lip of the rear qtr-wheel well opening. I wouldnt feel comfortable with that driving the car on the street. I did opt for the 255 60 15's myself, and I have plenty of clearance. I dont know how different your 67 is from my 70 Plymouth. front tire: I doubt you will fit a 27" tire and be able to go lock to lock with it.

I have 215 65 15's front now, the car sits nice and level with ever so slight rake due to SS springs. No problem turning, no rubbing but I wouldnt dare go any larger.

Thanks, i am going out to measure again. Let you know the results

-
Back