Need throttle cable to carburetor attachment

-

Keystone

Reaction score
Getting ready to remove the Slant from the car I bought a few months ago to replace the badly leaking oil pan gasket. As I'm disconnecting things, I noticed the screw and hex nut that was attaching the throttle cable to the 1945 carburetor linkage is obviously not factory.

I'm guessing it should be some sort of clevis and hitch pin but I can't seem to find one anywhere online. Can someone tell me where I can buy the proper hardware? The application is a '73 Dart Swinger with a slant 6 and 904 out of a '74.

IMG_20180209_172912_652.jpg

Getting ready to remove the Slant from the car I bought a few months ago to replace the badly leaking oil pan gasket. As I'm disconnecting things, I noticed the screw and hex nut that was attaching the throttle cable to the 1945 carburetor linkage is obviously not factory.

I'm guessing it should be some sort of clevis and hitch pin but I can't seem to find one anywhere online. Can someone tell me where I can buy the proper hardware? The application is a '73 Dart Swinger with a slant 6 and 904 out of a '74.

There was a pin that attached to the linkage plate on the side of the carb.
I'll see if I can find a pic.

Here we go.
The part on your cable goes on the left end of this and the right end would be for the kickdown linkage.
The big nut section is what screws it together.
You should be able to find one on here and you can use this pic to describe what you are looking for.

throttle pin.jpg

02_0280.jpg

Thanks guys. As I recall the kickdown linkage was connected at a spot lower down. I haven't disconnected that yet. I'll go back out there and take a picture of the whole arrangement.

So this is the setup. I didn't bother putting the hex nut back on, but where the screw is, is the part I'm looking for.

IMG_0201 Resized.jpg

TrailBeast, that's it exactly. I was trying to find a diagram like that but wasn't able to.

I have the part on the way from Moparparts now. Thanks for the help everyone!

TrailBeast, that's it exactly. I was trying to find a diagram like that but wasn't able to.

I have the part on the way from Moparparts now. Thanks for the help everyone!

If you go to google.com and click the text "Images" in the upper right, and then type what you are looking for it works pretty well for finding pictures of what you searched for.

-
Back