New 340 owner

-

Mastif

Reaction score
Hey guys, Mark here. I just bought a 63K mile 1969 Dodge Dart GTS, 340 4speed car with a 3.55 sure grip rear end. I was told that the car started its life being a every weekend dedicated 1/4 mile car. And that is why the car has only 63K original miles on it. I bought the car from a guy who had semi restored it back to the road worthy state it is in now, about 15 years ago.
Car has NO air, NO power brakes and NO power steering. Does have a 8 track player in it, and NO, the dash has not been cut. It currently is pretty stock, just a small Purple cam, LD-340 intake, 650 DP, a tech drive duel point dist, and a set of headers. I have no clue how this car runs, or should run, I have a high HP C5 Corvette, so this car really seems tame. Probably would not break into the 8s in the 1/8 mile,,,,lol.

Attachments

• 20131003_093216.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20131003_093128.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 123
Welcome to the site "Mastif" ! Nice Dart and it sounds like your Dart started out life like mine did . Mines got a little over 50 K on it now .

Welcome to the site "Mastif" ! Nice Dart and it sounds like your Dart started out life like mine did . Mines got a little over 50 K on it now .
x2 mine has 48000 on it . welcome and you have a very nice Dart.

Thanks guys for the kind words, I do like the car, but is the first Mopar experience Ive had since I was a teenager. I will drive it some to determine if I like it enough to keep it.
Also, what is a realistic 1/8th mile guesstimate be, with the current mods? I have been away from old school cars for so long, I have not a clue, not that I plan to take it to the strip.
Mark

First of all, welcome! My car ran 13.50 in the quarter with headers, torker 340 intake, AVS carb, mild Crane Enconopower cam, Rohdes variable duration lifters, 3.91 gears and stock bottom end. Don't know if that helps. Good luck with your new Mopar.

-
Back