[ATTENTION] New Forum on FABO

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you into Diecast or plastic models? How about Model Airplanes? How about Model Railroading? Maybe RC is your thing?

After seeing a lot of threads about these kinds of topics on the site, I decided to create a forum here just for modeling hobbyists. I also collected the numerous threads about modeling and moved them into the new forum.

You can find the forum here: Diecast and Models

If this forum becomes a busy forum, I might just start a whole site dedicated to modeling.

Now I admit, I don't know much about modeling, although as a kid / teen I was pretty interested in model railroading. So if I missed something - please let me know!

For now, enjoy!

you go with your self joey..do you need any help pushing that wheelbarrow to the bank..HAHA...........good to be back Artie:coffee2:

my model car thread didnt get moved over there and there is a lot in there

this is a good idea though.

Thanks Mr. Joey for giving the people what the people want.

i didnt end up using your jeep site very much because i dont have any more jeeps but model cars are a different thing. much cheaper and easier to fuel the enthusiasm........so im there.

Do general rail fan discussions fit under the model railroad?

the thread i had "all aboard" was mostly rail fan but did include a model railroading tone.

As was said in another thread- you shore do got youre web site running down pat.

BTW- if you haven't kept up with model railroading, it's amazing now. they are actually networks with different addresses, digitally encoded commands and programs for each engine and sigals on the same track, not to mention sound (loads of different sounds) that can be triggered via the cab control and eminate from any locomotive selectively.

The big news lately has been DCC (that's the networking term) operated couplers.

As was said in another thread- you shore do got youre web site running down pat.

BTW- if you haven't kept up with model railroading, it's amazing now. they are actually networks with different addresses, digitally encoded commands and programs for each engine and sigals on the same track, not to mention sound (loads of different sounds) that can be triggered via the cab control and eminate from any locomotive selectively.

The big news lately has been DCC (that's the networking term) operated couplers.

DCC has been around awhile now ....I know some guys building layouts that link to a tablet .....so its all touch screen and drag and drop commands....really cool stuffs.

I was talking about the DCC controlled couplers.

Last year they had O scale, and now they have HO.

Crazy.

Right now they are on a few select locomotives...

Of course to be tuly prototypical, you'd need them on every car.

Kinda pricey and that also means a decoder (network card) on every car.

Of course that would make block occupancy detection a LOT easier :)

...and I actually prefer a tactile throttle control, and don't mind a wired connection.

For me it's all about motor control (I'm a big ESU fan [vs Digitrax and Soundtraxx]), and realistic operation.

you go with your self joey..do you need any help pushing that wheelbarrow to the bank..HAHA...........good to be back Artie:coffee2:

Joey kiddo, I talked to you years back about making a truck forum and it was "I know nothing about trucks and am not interested"... You made a truck forum and I mentioned a Jeep forum, "Not interested" you said and then when you created one I asked if you could move my 4.0 HO build, "Doesn't work that way" you said....

I see said the blind man. I spent 24 hours moving my thread over with pictures.

I told you what the issues were in regards to adverts infecting people and then you were nice. Uh huh.. Tried to explain the benefits of clustered servers... Said "Not for your app".

Whatever kid.

Models are right up your alley...

Thats just awesome . I live models . There are always 10 kits under construction in my home . Always . Now my eyes are good enough to start back up again . Thanks a million , Joey !

Thats just awesome . I live models . There are always 10 kits under construction in my home . Always . Now my eyes are good enough to start back up again . Thanks a million , Joey !

hope your ready for the model car comp. on October 1.

-
Back