new project 1972 Scamp

-

tiltedsix

Reaction score
View attachment DSCF4663.jpg

View attachment DSCF4664.jpg

View attachment DSCF4665.jpg

View attachment DSCF4666.jpg.......I just picked this 1972 Scamp for $700.00....It was road worthy he said 1 1/2 years ago , its got a Six out of a 76' pickup super clean engine...I guess they installed a electronic ignition & upon first start the "suppressor 'dilly' on the coil started smoking & they gave up and so it sat .....it will turn over like it want' s to start & unit in distributor has no damage looks new...any trouble shooting ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Hi ,I like your screen name.I have 2 of these a71 and a 72,the 71 has a 340 4 speed from a 68 GTS.the 72 has original 318 auto with air that i would like to make into a daily driver.................................................Jeff

Great car! Then again, I'm biased by the fact that I have it's twin.

What kind of electronic ignitions does it have? What other diagnostic tests have you done?

hello, I like you car its lookin clean....so figured out its a Protonics' brand , got new Hd condenser, it looks like they had it connected to the negative side """ that doesn't sound right , also they have both sets of wires going to left side of ballast resistor which doesn't seem right either....

Try to determine if it is the pertronix ignitor I, II, or III; they are wired differently. See this website for wiring diagrams. My pertronix unit deletes the ballast resistor completely.

www.pertronix.com

-
Back