new ride

-

DartorDemon

Banned
Reaction score
So i finally pulled the trigger on a mopar. I picked up a 1973 duster 340/auto for 4500$.(not a 340 car, but swapped in at some point)

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1698031444.html

I'll get good pics when i get it insured and can take it out. Its got almost everything i want. I think i got a pretty decent deal, but it needs a few things. Such as a New speedo, adjust/tighten the hood as it rattles, a tune up, new rear tires, and some suspension parts.

Wow looks pretty dam good for $4500, even if you find some bad rust through it's still a good deal.

Other then the vinyl top(feels solid) i'm not sure there will be a ton of rust because its a california car. I happened to have good timing on the car, the owner was selling the car for 7,000 two or 3 weeks ago. I was actually willing to pay that much for how clean the car is, but my schedule wasnt working and when i got a day to go shopping for a mopar, he had lowered his price to 4950, but was willing to take 4500$. The funny thing is that when i saw the two ads and price drop, i thought it was a scam. I'm glad i didnt avoid calling about the car.

As for how it runs, it started up quickly, but the owner said its a little cold blooded. Probably needs a tune up. The engine looks grimey/old. Who knows when it last had some love. And the car rattles, the big thing is that my hood shakes a lot on the highway.

BTW, how do i check to make sure i have a 340? and where are the block numbers? I'm told that one way to check is that the 340 has a very large timing cover becasue of dual timing chains?

At this point my plans are probably gonna be a resto-mod/pro-touring type of setup. In a strange way, its too nice to do what i was planning, so i'm gonna work around it for now.

-
Back