New Side Markers for the Missile

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Here is some of the latest progress, I wasnt sure if I needed to actually work under the rear of the car in order to get the rear side markers in place, so before I put the rear axle in place for the final time I got the markers in. They are off of some BMW model, chosen for size and shape. Again no bondo yet just welded in.
first pic is of the cup, second is of the clamp arrangement, third is of it in place and the rest are primed and lit. Legal and not.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo111.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Photo120.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Photo119.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo117.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Photo116.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Photo115.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Photo114.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Photo113.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 157
I like it, I can't wait too see this car done, very fun to watch it come together, keep the pics comming!

Andrew, are the light colors different from side to side, such as with aircraft wingtip navigation lights?

Fish,
no, there is a switch in the switch bank that turns the DOT lighting scheme to all blue when desired. The front side markers are Orange/Yellow and the rear are red. This also applies to the front running lights / turn signals.
Andrew

Custom work is so much fun, and I agree they look very nice and well thought out
Good job BM.

I finally got around to putting the front side markers in place. Being able to pull the fenders and bring them inside the shop and do this on the bench was a pleasure. I will post a lighting scheme pic maybe tonight.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo167.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 84
Here are the pics
I went and got some 10mm bi-color LEDs which work much better than the 6 tiny LEDs I had bundled for each light.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo171.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 66
  • Photo172.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo173.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo170.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 75
-
Back