new to forum need some advice

-

74bbduster

Reaction score
i have a 74 duster back halfed car with a dana current setup is a STOCK 400 with a 509 cam eddy rpm intake holly hp 850 a ptc 4500 stahl manuel valve body dana 60 with 410 gears with ladder bars also headers and bullet mufflers and had a plate but never sprayed it

now that the 400 was never gone thru since 72 it finally spun rod bearing (best pass 7.70 at 94mph) in a 1/8 im going to build a reliable fast motor

I'm thinking a muscle motors 525 short block with 440-1 heads b1 intake 690 cam running around 12;1 compression plus maybe a 250 hit of juice.... im looking to keep car somewhat street friendly and want at least a 9.99 in a 1/4 any insight would be great!!!:toothy8:

Yea im real familiar with hughes we had a bad experience with them when my dad had him build his stroker valve clearance was off and hughes did the right thing and redone it all but still wasn't right and broke valves and scared pistons so he went to muscle motors and they been the best to us. Now im not dogging hughes they do great stuff im sure it was an honest mistake I just tend to shy away. Muscle motors has the 525 $4200 which isn't bad I just want to have a reliable 9 second "street car"

-
Back