not A body; but need big block truck help!!

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
I'm putting a 400 from a tradesman van into a 1977 dodge 1/2 ton, seemed easy at first, then the mounts didn't want to line up; when they did the engine sat crooked and the manifolds don't seem to want to fit

can anyone with a 1972-1980 big block truck post a few detailed pictures of the mounts and manifolds so I know what I need to go or buy mines 2wd I think 4wd mounts are different

any help appreciated

Haven't been on in a while so I just saw this. You still need some help. Done lots of big block truck stuff. The van mounts ARE different. That I know for sure. Not sure about the manifolds, but I have several sets of truck manifolds. I have an engine sitting here on the floor straight out of a truck.

Haven't been on in a while so I just saw this. You still need some help. Done lots of big block truck stuff. The van mounts ARE different. That I know for sure. Not sure about the manifolds, but I have several sets of truck manifolds. I have an engine sitting here on the floor straight out of a truck.

I got mounts from a member on here, and it looks like the passengers side manifold may work but the drivers side definatly won't

depending on what your truck was (2wd or 4wd) I would be interested in the manifolds if your willing to sell them; if not if you could snap a couple pictures that would help as well

100_1880.jpg

100_1872.jpg

thank you very much for the pictures, looks like the numbers on the drivers side manifold is 3763103? I have found a set local but I haven't went to look yet, now that I know what I'm looking for it will be easier

if the local ones wont fit I will buy one from one of the members here who responed to my post

-
Back