Offenhauser 4 barrel with what carb?

-
I'm getting about 12mpg with the new carb, is this normal for a 4 barrel??

Jake

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

def not with a holley but i dont know about an edelbrock. sounds like you might need to tune it a little.

Jake

if everything else is up to snuff you should be at least 18, if not over 20. you have some tuning and checking in your future. Now you get to learn about the wack method of springs and rods with the eddy...

xlurkxdogx, Will you tell us more about your total package ? Things like transmission ? Gear ratio and tire size? A/C ? Timing ? Also road conditions and and road speeds. A high numerical (2.76) ratio is great on open roads for mileage. I dont think you have many hills or mountains in the Phoenix area but it all comes into play. You may want to go a little larger with your metering rods. If you go too large you will experence a surge at part throttle. Just a thought..

Jake

I got money that you've been seeing what your new 4bbl can do.Not a good combo for figuring out gas mileage.

Act like you've got an egg under the pedal, and report back to us.

def not with a holley but i dont know about an edelbrock. sounds like you might need to tune it a little.

I tuned it a bit but im not sure how much more i can. Ive turned the mixture screws to where its running great and still seem low on MPG's. The problem could be as ive seen here before that im actually watching the gauge and not counting actual miles.

I rebuilt the motor form the bottom up a few months back but im thinking now the real weak link is the transmission. I was meaning to have a place rebuild it but the prices seem absurd!! Ive held off on the but it seems maybe its lagging and causing the poor mileage.

Jake

xlurkxdogx, Will you tell us more about your total package ? Things like transmission ? Gear ratio and tire size? A/C ? Timing ? Also road conditions and and road speeds. A high numerical (2.76) ratio is great on open roads for mileage. I dont think you have many hills or mountains in the Phoenix area but it all comes into play. You may want to go a little larger with your metering rods. If you go too large you will experence a surge at part throttle. Just a thought..

Thanks for the info!!!! Ill be looking into that for sure!

I have been looking for feedback on that new little Street Demon 3 barrel. I bet one of those would work well.

RRR, I don't know how to do links but look for Chucks Garage on you tube, or google Chuck Hanson.He did a good story and road test of that new Demon carb.

RRR, I don't know how to do links but look for Chucks Garage on you tube, or google Chuck Hanson.He did a good story and road test of that new Demon carb.
Do you know where your address bar is? It is at the top of the page, will read right now www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1970436655

whatever web page your on put your cursor within that address bar, left ( left clicker on your mouse ) click till the address turns all blue then right click, after you do that you will see a little box drop down and one of the things within that box will say copy, left click on copy then move your mouse cursor down to the reply window, right click and hit paste.

Thats it, easy

I would much prefer somebody that was more of an individual. Chuck got his pockets lined for that.

-
Back