Oil Pan Info Needed

-

myduster400

BBDuster
Reaction score
I'm Getting Ready To Drop My Big Block In My Duster And I'm Told I Would Need A Certain Oil Pan To Do This. Can Anyone Tell Me What That Is? Is It A Production Oil Pan? If So What Should I Look For? I Need To Know Before I Drop.
Thanks

C body oil pans have a notch in them for idler arm clearance. Nice to have but I dont think its really needed if you cant find one.

If you're using a centerlink from a V-8 which is droppid in the middle, you should be okay. I used an everyday old oilpan on my duster and my clearance is ok. But then I used a DC k member, other mounting systems may be different.

don

dusterdon said:
If you're using a centerlink from a V-8 which is droppid in the middle, you should be okay. I used an everyday old oilpan on my duster and my clearance is ok. But then I used a DC k member, other mounting systems may be different.

don

I think I have an extra V-8 centerlink. Let me know if you need it :thumrigh:

I used a Milodon Low profile 7 qt 7" depth on my 383 that has been in two Dusters, It's MIL-30930 in the Summit catalog.
I used a engine load leveler to help drop it in with the trans. Fit without a problem, I didn't have to cut or bend anything.

-
Back