One more Hemi Cuda

-

ateam

A motor can
Reaction score
67' coupe with 5.7L to start, maybe an oem. style blower on top. Hemi "shaker" hood scoop. What years of Dakota rack/pinion steering ? A500 torkflite bolt up ? TTI mounts. 6.1L exhaust ? All help appreciated, ateam.:cheers:

the 92 dakota track width is two inches wider than the a body track width. the a500 will physically bolt up. yes tti mounts and jc srt8 exhaust manifolds

Have fun cutting the trans tunnel to fit the trans. Trust me, it will be necessary to do this. The later model overdrive trans are friggin' huge compared to the old 727 or 904.

I would ditch the a500 and go with a 727 with a gear vendors unit. This won't have you cutting the floor and also give you a 6 speed auto instead of a 4 speed auto

the 92 dakota track width is two inches wider than the a body track width. the a500 will physically bolt up. yes tti mounts and jc srt8 exhaust manifolds
Ok, the A518 is based on 904 +the od. ? If so, I'll mod. the tunnel. Running a 4.3 r&p. I'm considering the "crate" 6.4L cam #P5153691,non injected/non vvt. ARP 2000 bolts in shot peened/sized, 5.7L rods. Forged pistons, notched for bigger cam.Crank should be good for ? hp./rpm. ? Will 2005 Chrys.300 pan clear ,with Dakota rack ? Thanks, ateam.:cheers:

Ok, the A518 is based on 904 +the od. ? If so, I'll mod. the tunnel. Running a 4.3 r&p. I'm considering the "crate" 6.4L cam #P5153691,non injected/non vvt. ARP 2000 bolts in shot peened/sized, 5.7L rods. Forged pistons, notched for bigger cam.Crank should be good for ? hp./rpm. ? Will 2005 Chrys.300 pan clear ,with Dakota rack ? Thanks, ateam.:cheers:

where are you mounting the rack? if you could find a way to use the dakota spindles the rack could be up front. does the car pan have a simular shape to the 318/360 pan?

The a518 is a 727 with overdrive, the a500 is a 904 with overdrive, just thought you might need this info.

OK, A500 trans it is, lower first gear. "300" pan is alum and rear/mid.? Bought a new power rack at swap. Monaco/Cordoba, rear steer,$20-I gambled. "Indy" is claiming 325 cfm. on cnc ported, stock valve 5.7L heads, anybody? I would like to have ported, but not that $bad. Thanks for the info, ateam.

A team there is no way a car pan will clear anything you need a mid sump pan the 300 pan is front sump.

The 545rfe trans has a 3.00.1 first gear and 4th-5th overdrive. But it is a monster trans and put more weight to the car.

The 545rfe trans has a 3.00.1 first gear and 4th-5th overdrive. But it is a monster trans and put more weight to the car.
Since no Hemi ecm., using A500 trans. Mabybe (2) 2bbl tbi's,(oem) on Eddy dualplane/dual quad manifold. Cheers, ateam.:cheers:

Talk 5.7L Hemi motor mods here ? Using Ferrea 1.57 exh. valves. 6.4L "crate cam" specs. Herbert says 360" cam billet will work. Re-cut seats to fit. Missing 8 oem. coils for plugs. Switch to MSD/(2) plugs per coil ? Anyone use a "swap kit", in a 67' a body ?Thanks, ateam.

Talk 5.7L Hemi motor mods here ? Using Ferrea 1.57 exh. valves. 6.4L "crate cam" specs. Herbert says 360" cam billet will work. Re-cut seats to fit. Missing 8 oem. coils for plugs. Switch to MSD/(2) plugs per coil ? Anyone use a "swap kit", in a 67' a body ?Thanks, ateam.
"Superior Auto" says anybodys behive springs, will break-up. They suggest $1,100 in parts,(Manley) for valves,springs etc.$1,400 to p&p. First I've heard of behives getting harmonics/breaks. Anyone ? Thanks, ateam.

"Superior Auto" says anybodys behive springs, will break-up. They suggest $1,100 in parts,(Manley) for valves,springs etc.$1,400 to p&p. First I've heard of behives getting harmonics/breaks. Anyone ? Thanks, ateam.
Art don't waste your time with Superior Auto they are about 3 years behind the game, Manley springs break , you need PSI springs but the 1100 in parts and 1400 to p&p is stupid expensive.

-
Back