OOOPS!!! Ordered the wrong Demon! Change Blower carb to blow through?

-

Jimmy

74 Swinger
Reaction score
OK, so I bought the carb and the bonnet at the same time, said I wanted a mighty demon 650 blow through for a turbo setup 10 times minimum, but did not check the receipt part number and ended up with a BC instead of a BT, so buyer beware yadda yadda not the issue. BG would not give me any info on changing it to work but I did find this from a BG tech on another site and is in reference to a standard carb not a blower.

" [1] The baseplate is completely different in that it has grooves and channels cut in it to put boost around the throttle shafts and seal them so it does not blow fuel out under boost [2] The metering blocks are different because of the need to move more fuel then the conventional ones [3] Power valves are hi-flow versions vs the standard one [4] Needle and seats are .130 instead of .110 once again to move more of a volume of fuel. [5] The calibration is different as well. Hope this helps clear things up a little for you"

Now from what I understand this is only if I use the bonnet, if I use an enclosure box (Paxton, Vortech etc) it's a little easier but it means scrapping the $150 bonnet. So if I go this way I just need to change to solid floats, bigger jets and I'm good. Anyone have any info on this or feedback? I mean if some routing and swapping will let me use the bonnet I'm all ears, if I need to do more to it for the enclosure then I would like to know now so I can decide.
Thanks in advance!:eek:ops:

Jeez take yer sweet time why don't you, Ive been waiting about 4 min already!
That is a great site, I did run across it before I bought the demon because it seemed like more effort than I was willing to put in, however I'm wondering what has already been done to the bc version of the demon that would be different from a stndrd holley or demon, or if I need to mill anything if change the floats and use the enclosure.

Jeez take yer sweet time why don't you, Ive been waiting about 4 min already!
That is a great site, I did run across it before I bought the demon because it seemed like more effort than I was willing to put in, however I'm wondering what has already been done to the bc version of the demon that would be different from a stndrd holley or demon, or if I need to mill anything if change the floats and use the enclosure.

The blower carb is totally wrong.
The power valve protector has to be gotten rid of from the baseplate. The throttle shaft needs to be oringed. No holes at the top of the main body. It should have the Black solid floats that are notched for the rear jet extensions. I Don't believe there is any difference other than the needle/seats are a bit larger as well as the power valve between the n/a carb and the "Blower" carb..

The blower carb is totally wrong.
The power valve protector has to be gotten rid of from the baseplate. The throttle shaft needs to be oringed. No holes at the top of the main body. It should have the Black solid floats that are notched for the rear jet extensions. I Don't believe there is any difference other than the needle/seats are a bit larger as well as the power valve between the n/a carb and the "Blower" carb..

Thanks CUUDAK exactly what I needed to know!
but what holes at the top do u mean? I'm just going to follow your links instructions and skip the parts that are not relevant, so is there any extra holes in the blower carb I should be concerned with?

Thanks CUUDAK exactly what I needed to know!
but what holes at the top do u mean? I'm just going to follow your links instructions and skip the parts that are not relevant, so is there any extra holes in the blower carb I should be concerned with?

If there are any where the choke rod goes stuff of that nature. The main body must be leak free. Not sure if yours even has a choke rod hole??

I will be boost referencing the rear plate like this too,

http://www.motorsportsvillage.com/modifycarb.html

Thanks for that link CUUDAK, I had seen it before but couldn't remember where. srixon I think I'm gonna give it a go, just waiting for the floats..........

-
Back