Optimum exhaust manifold?

-

ZZ.au

Reaction score
Heyas.

Been collecting parts for a turbo setup for my Aus A body and have decided a set of magnum manifolds would be best.

These are quite rare in Australia (none sold down here).

Clearance on components shouldnt be an issue I imagine as they will need to be swapped left/right, ending up facing forward.

I have narrowed my choices down to the 92-93 dodge/jeep manifolds with the 2.125" exits. Would these manifolds flow about the same overall? Are the jeep units the same on the exits? I have read a few posts that indicate they are anywhere from 2.5-2.25", but I have no way to check for sure.

Thanks in advance.

That or you can use the afforable block hugger headers MadDart is using on his twin turbo setup.

Heyas.

Been collecting parts for a turbo setup for my Aus A body and have decided a set of magnum manifolds would be best.

These are quite rare in Australia (none sold down here).

Clearance on components shouldnt be an issue I imagine as they will need to be swapped left/right, ending up facing forward.

I have narrowed my choices down to the 92-93 dodge/jeep manifolds with the 2.125" exits. Would these manifolds flow about the same overall? Are the jeep units the same on the exits? I have read a few posts that indicate they are anywhere from 2.5-2.25", but I have no way to check for sure.

Thanks in advance.

I used the Hedman Block Huggers. If you go this route 1st thing you need to do is Throw the Reducers in the trash and make your own pipes. They choke the exhaust down at the collector to around 1.75" instead of being 2.5".

There are a TON of pictures in my build thread so you can get some ideas if you want.

View attachment phpjsQatVPM.jpg

View attachment php3eLqt6PM.jpg

Louis, I know we've go after each other a little....but buddy, you do some fantastic work. Caint wait to see it run.

I used the Hedman Block Huggers. If you go this route 1st thing you need to do is Throw the Reducers in the trash and make your own pipes. They choke the exhaust down at the collector to around 1.75" instead of being 2.5".

There are a TON of pictures in my build thread so you can get some ideas if you want.

I've been through that thread cover to cover. Killer stuff.

I have absolutely no fabrication or mechanical skills. Might be time to learn though.

I think my power goals are quite modest and would be comfortably achieved with the turbo I have (GT42) and the higher flowing (for manifolds) late(ish) model manifolds.

I do appreciate the suggestions so far though. Considering that the block huggers are available here and the manifolds would have to be imported, its definitely an option.

I would like a bit more info on the differences between the jeep and the dodge manifolds before I close the door on them.

Thanks again.

-
Back