Perry, Ga. Auto fest & Swap meet

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Picked up a flyer yesterday advertising a swap meet, etc. to be held in Perry, Ga. on April 2nd & 3rd. This would be at the GA National Fairgrounds, which you drive by on I-75, about 30 miles south of Macon.
They advertise a car corral, swap meet, vendors, show cars and a chassis dyno challenge.
I will for sure be going. I may load up a few excess parts and see if I can make a few $$ for my current project.
Web site for the show: www.perryswapmeet.com
C

Thx for the heads up. I've been wanting to take Goldie on a short road trip. It would enjoy meeting up with FABO members.

A bump for the show. When I signed up they told me that they expected a large turnout of vendors. Hope to see some of you there. I will have a green Dakota with a small trailer behind it with some excess Duster parts.
C

Will look for you C. I am going Fri morning....have to work Fri evening and all day Sat but I don't want to miss the show. I'm the goofy looking short guy with glasses wearing a t-shirt with a big red, white and blue Mopar logo on the frong. Anyone else going?

The show was pretty good, a nice mix of cars, lot of swap meet stuff. I was really glad to meet clhyer, one of our cool FABO members.

The burgundy 65 FuryIII, 383, factory a/c was my favorite car for sale. Sad though, owner is selling for health reasons, it was in very good shape and $4500 is very fair for it's condition.

It is a worthwhile show, especially tomorrow (Saturday) will be more cars. Just be prepared, bring plenty of snacks in case you get stuck in a I-75 traffic jam like I did. Goldie didn't overhead but I don't like putting him in severe duty.

010.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

006.jpg

016.jpg

008.jpg

015.jpg

007.jpg

Well, the show has come and gone. I had quite a few parts from my parts Duster. No one was looking much for Mopar parts... I think the only Mopar parts I sold was a set of exhaust manifolds. I did move a few other parts that made the time worthwhile though.
I met Goldfish65 on Friday and had a few minutes to visit with him. He was the only FABO member I met.
To my knowledge there was only one other vendor that was Mopar specific. I don't know how he made out. Other than that there were very few Mopar parts available. I was hoping to pick up a set of 8 1/4 shock plates and an electronic distributor. Neither were available, although I did pick up a line on them.
This was my first time trying to sell any parts. Is this typical, unless it is a Mopar specific meet? Was it the time, just before Easter? Was it the economy?

In any event, it was a beautiful two days to spend outside. Talked cars with a lot of nice folks, and made a few bucks to boot. Just glad I wasn't in it to make a living. There were a lot of vendors. I heard some talk that they may have another meet this fall.
C

-
Back