plumbers: help! faucet ?

-

swinger 367

A-body addict
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new faucet for the kitchen remodel. I don't want a pull down sprayer nor even a sprayer at all, call me old school. I found a faucet I like, and i even found it cheap on eBay. But it has a side sprayer. Can I delete the side sprayer? Parts are available, they sell the same faucet without the sprayer, but the one on the bay is like half the price of the cheapest one of those I have found online. Help me figure this out. TIA

Well you should be able to delete the sprayer unless it has a push style connection. If it is a threaded connection it will be easy, just get a cap of the right size. I would just buy a faucet without a sprayer. Faucets, like anything else, you get what you pay for. Get a single hanle delta, without the sprayer, pay about $75.00 and be done with it. If it needs rebuilt in the future it will be easy to fix, and cheap.

I went through some cheap faucets for a while (Wal-Mart) in a rental house. They were plastic and I ended up replacing them after a month or less. I think they were $19, but one leaked right out of the package. I eventually bought a Delta from Lowe's for around $60, nothing fancy, but it worked for a year or so untill we moved, felt better, too.

sorry to say, you get what you pay for. Cheaper on ebay usually means seconds or possible reboxed returns. Add shipping too. A problem? chances are more headaches than to just get one local.

My brother is a plumber. He quoted $3K to do 2 complete bathrooms in a commercial unit. The guy took his quote and hired a "non plumber, cash working non-american" to install all his home depot stuff. Total cost? $2000! Fast forward 1 year later, most of the fixtures are leaking, leaking and cracked PVC in the walls. My brother come back in and does the job for $4K. $1K to tear out the olds stuff....$3K to do it over.

Total cost to the guy? $6K for a $3K job.

Good advice Tnplumber. Moen makes a good faucet also and is easily fixed when it leaks by changing readily available cartridges.,

Faucets are definitely one of those things it's better to pay a little more for. If you go cheap, you will be replacing it in a couple years, and possibly replacing some drywall along with it.

I understand about getting what I pay for. That is why I'm asking this question. The faucet I'm looking at is a KWC. The best price I've found is $500 give or take. The one on the bay is $269. I'm not talking about rigging something just to save 20 bucks.

Designer very rarely means better. post a link and I will give you a proffessional plumbers opinion of it

Hello I have this faucet for sale if your interested my dad had it installed about a week but my mom didnt like it so they replaced it he gave it to me to sell everything is new and working I didnt take a pic of it yet but I can if need be Im looking to get $275.00 shipped let me know
Thanks
John
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XQQNGQ/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller="]Amazon.com: GROHE 33 759 SD0 Ladylux Plus Pull-out Kitchen Faucet, Stainless Steel: Home Improvement[/ame]

I understand about getting what I pay for. That is why I'm asking this question. The faucet I'm looking at is a KWC. The best price I've found is $500 give or take. The one on the bay is $269. I'm not talking about rigging something just to save 20 bucks.

That KWC Sounds like it is a Chinese/ Korean Faucet. Stay away from these Chinese POS Buy a Good Quality Delta and be done with it. Just my .002

FYI big box products at home depot & lowes & such are without doubt lower quality than what a quality plumbing supply has available....... HD & LOWES stuff has lifespan of between 2 & 5 years ABSOLUTE MAX!!! there are exceptions but that is a rule of thumb..... I went to local supply co. regular DELTA faucet ordered in $187 different SKU numbers than HD & LOWES and is going on 21 years without replacing the seals!!!!....used daily & often, working flawlessly and no leaks!!!!

sorry to say, you get what you pay for. Cheaper on ebay usually means seconds or possible reboxed returns. Add shipping too. A problem? chances are more headaches than to just get one local.

My brother is a plumber. He quoted $3K to do 2 complete bathrooms in a commercial unit. The guy took his quote and hired a "non plumber, cash working non-american" to install all his home depot stuff. Total cost? $2000! Fast forward 1 year later, most of the fixtures are leaking, leaking and cracked PVC in the walls. My brother come back in and does the job for $4K. $1K to tear out the olds stuff....$3K to do it over.

Total cost to the guy? $6K for a $3K job.

very good advice

Good advice Tnplumber. Moen makes a good faucet also and is easily fixed when it leaks by changing readily available cartridges.,

Yep Moen are great also. When I build my house in 2001 I put in All Moen faucets. I have yet to have to service any of them. They still work dip free. So like Daredevil and I say, Moen or Delta, and I would buy them at a supply house NOT Lowes or HD.

KWC is Swiss, so far I've read that they are built like tanks, and are on par with Grohe.

That is fine now but what will availability of repair parts be like in 5 or 10 years? Moen Delta and Price Phister have stood the test of time. If you want high end check out the Moen showhouse series.

Yep Moen are great also. When I build my house in 2001 I put in All Moen faucets. I have yet to have to service any of them. They still work dip free. So like Daredevil and I say, Moen or Delta, and I would buy them at a supply house NOT Lowes or HD.

This is in my house too. What does it tell ya when 2 pro liscensed plumbers pick the same brand for their own home?

30 years ago, I put a $80 Moen in my kitchen. It started dribbling after 10 years, wrote them, and got new FREE part. Still good. Save your paperwork, lifetime warranty!

-
Back