Polyurethane bushing squeak

-
Yeah , He can maybe get a needle/syringe type lube and push it between the sleeve and the poly material on the upper bushing. Or maybe someone will come up with eccentric bolts with grease fittings for you all to buy as a package with the lower pins and the "K-member bending none cushioned adjustable struts". I am sure as soon as PST sees this post there will be lubible upper bolts to sell.

I love this site, It never seizes to amaze me of how gullible some of you are to these venders . Entertaining as ever.
Have you ever used poly UCA bushings? Did they squeak?? If so, you didn't install them correctly. Plenty of people use poly UCA bushings with no squeak problem. What do they know that the people with squeaky poly bushings don't? Come on man, this isn't rocket science.

Yeah , He can maybe get a needle/syringe type lube and push it between the sleeve and the poly material on the upper bushing. Or maybe someone will come up with eccentric bolts with grease fittings for you all to buy as a package with the lower pins and the "K-member bending none cushioned adjustable struts". I am sure as soon as PST sees this post there will be lubible upper bolts to sell.

I love this site, It never seizes to amaze me of how gullible some of you are to these venders . Entertaining as ever.

Lol!

So, you put a zerk on the eccentric bolt, which puts grease between the bolt that doesn’t spin and the inner sleeve that also doesn’t spin? But doesn’t put any grease on the actual bushing. Yeah that’s brilliant.

And you need a needle and syringe to put grease between the bushing and the sleeve, even though the sleeve will slide right out so you can grease it?

Basic bushing construction- 1, OMM- 0

What post #4 said & more......
Factory engineers are not stupid. Some cars have a full chassis with the body mounted on rubber biscuits to absorb vibration & road shock. These Mopar models do not have this extra layer of protection. Rubber bushes are used for good reason, to help protect the body from shock going over potholes etc.

Lol!

So, you put a zerk on the eccentric bolt, which puts grease between the bolt that doesn’t spin and the inner sleeve that also doesn’t spin? But doesn’t put any grease on the actual bushing. Yeah that’s brilliant.

And you need a needle and syringe to put grease between the bushing and the sleeve, even though the sleeve will slide right out so you can grease it?

Basic bushing construction- 1, OMM- 0
No I would not. I would never use these scrap bushings, I suggested that for you all to do so you can promote the sale of your junk. Carefully read the post. Keep it going, If you read my first post on this thread . I new you would be on here in a flash. I just beat you to it. Write us a book, Better make it a Novel since I woke you up. God of all suspension issues. LMFAO.

I have nothing better to do at this time then to reply to a squeaky post. Maybe he has a mouse in his frame rail. A friend here just ask me, "If I smoke after SEX" ? I never looked.

Did anyone ever tell you the difference between a Buddy and a Good Buddy? Are you my Buddy or are you my Good Buddy?

What post #4 said & more......
Factory engineers are not stupid. Some cars have a full chassis with the body mounted on rubber biscuits to absorb vibration & road shock. These Mopar models do not have this extra layer of protection. Rubber bushes are used for good reason, to help protect the body from shock going over potholes etc.

Factory engineers are not stupid, I agree.

But, they also do not get the final say. Factory production choices are frequently dictated by cost. Rubber bushings are used by the factory because they’re cheap, and they’re soft enough to allow for looser production tolerances.

Replacing the rubber bushings with poly is not a bad thing, it can absolutely provide for higher suspension performance than what these cars had from the factory. But it does also require checking and correcting some of the factory tolerances, as well as using improved components elsewhere (like better shocks, etc).

Just saying that the “factory knows best” is a seriously flawed argument. No, those engineers weren’t stupid. But they weren’t building these cars for handling performance, they were building them to make a profit. And technology has changed dramatically in the 50+ years since these cars were designed.

No I would not. I would never use these scrap bushings, I suggested that for you all to do so you can promote the sale of your junk. Carefully read the post. Keep it going, If you read my first post on this thread . I new you would be on here in a flash. I just beat you to it. Write us a book, Better make it a Novel since I woke you up. God of all suspension issues. LMFAO.

I have nothing better to do at this time then to reply to a squeaky post. Maybe he has a mouse in his frame rail. A friend here just ask me, "If I smoke after SEX" ? I never looked.

Did anyone ever tell you the difference between a Buddy and a Good Buddy? Are you my Buddy or are you my Good Buddy?
I read your post. As usual, your suggestions are ignorant, uninformed, and mostly incorrect.

Your suggestion of adding a zerk to the eccentric wouldn’t grease the sliding surface in that assembly, so it’s useless whether you personally use it or not.

What it does show is that you don’t have the foggiest idea how that control arm bushing assembly even works, since you can’t identify the area that would even need to be greased.

The factory 'knew best' when it came to using rubber bushes in Mopar suspension systems.

If you want to race your car on a race track that does not have potholes/speed bumps etc, by all means use poly.
Rubber bushes [ for the factory ] are only cheaper because of the volume produced, compared to poly.

I read your post. As usual, your suggestions are ignorant, uninformed, and mostly incorrect.

Your suggestion of adding a zerk to the eccentric wouldn’t grease the sliding surface in that assembly, so it’s useless whether you personally use it or not.

What it does show is that you don’t have the foggiest idea how that control arm bushing assembly even works, since you can’t identify the area that would even need to be greased.
I was a joke son! Or are you that ignorant to see! Grease fittings in the lower pins, Adjustable Struts, so I stated you may want to install grease fittings in the upper bolts because you swear by the lube!!!! for your good buddies , But you just keep writing the book

The factory 'knew best' when it came to using rubber bushes in Mopar suspension systems.

If you want to race your car on a race track that does not have potholes/speed bumps etc, by all means use poly.
Rubber bushes [ for the factory ] are only cheaper because of the volume produced, compared to poly.

The factory used whatever the bean counters told them to use so the car would get past the warranty and that was IT.

It‘s unreal how people think rubber is all that. It’s JUNK. It starts to degrade from day 1.

Just like an elastomer damper, rubber is cheap.

I’ll take good over cheap any day.

Rat Bastid,
So your cars run on the steel rims, no rubber tyres, because rubber is junk???

Rat Bastid,
So your cars run on the steel rims, no rubber tyres, because rubber is junk???

Yeah, that’s right. I run titanium tires.

You don’t always have to be an idiot.

You know EXACTLY what I’m talking about.

You got called out for a BULLshit post and your answer is “your car runs on rubber tires (tires is the correct spelling BTW) because rubber is junk?

Classic shuck and jive.

Run rubber bushings all you want. Run a rubber damper all you want. Makes no difference to me if you at queer for garbage.

But don’t be a knave.

Yeah, that’s right. I run titanium tires.

You don’t always have to be an idiot.

You know EXACTLY what I’m talking about.

You got called out for a BULLshit post and your answer is “your car runs on rubber tires (tires is the correct spelling BTW) because rubber is junk?

Classic shuck and jive.

Run rubber bushings all you want. Run a rubber damper all you want. Makes no difference to me if you at queer for garbage.

But don’t be a knave.
You must be a "Good Buddy". Cause a "Buddy" wouldn't talk like that. Do you know the difference?

In the words of my old buddy Kim Mitchell.... "A million vacations"...is what these people need........

Last edited:
I don’t have any “buddy’s” or “good Buddy’s”. Sounds like slang for your issues.

Take it somewhere else you freak.
A Buddy is someone that goes out and gets a BJ and comes back and tells you about it.

A Good Buddy Goes out and gets two and comes home and gives you one.

A Buddy is someone that goes out and gets a BJ and comes back and tells you about it.

And you know that. What does that say about you? You must be the “good buddy” because you know about it.

******* low IQ clown.

Rat Bastid,
This is what we get from you. Every time. Every time you lose an argument or get shown to be a fool, you get nasty.
Back to the topic, rubber bushes are best for a street driven car. Yes, the rubber has a finite life & needs replacement. So does engine oil & piston rings when they wear out; does not mean they are not the best product for the job.
Tyres IS the correct spelling where I come from, & in many other English speaking countries. Carry on with the brain surgery....

It really comes down to a personal choice. Can you stand a little extra road noise and vibration? Then great, run poly or delrin. Want it to handle like stock? Fine, use rubber. No need to throw third grader insults at each other for the other's choice. People have run poly bushings for DECADES on Mopars and you don't see problems on a large scale. So, that means either one of two things. Either incorrect installation, or defective parts. Take your pick, but all this childish nonsense with all the name calling adds to none of these discussions. It really needs to stop.

In the end, just run whatever bushings you want to run.

Rat Bastid,
This is what we get from you. Every time. Every time you lose an argument or get shown to be a fool, you get nasty.
Back to the topic, rubber bushes are best for a street driven car. Yes, the rubber has a finite life & needs replacement. So does engine oil & piston rings when they wear out; does not mean they are not the best product for the job.
Tyres IS the correct spelling where I come from, & in many other English speaking countries. Carry on with the brain surgery....

Really? I got nasty first? Ok.

I didn’t lose an “argument”. I pointed out how wrong you are. Again.

At any rate, you can’t spell. And like I said, rubber is a poor materiel for bushings. And dampers.

You said the OE’s “know best” and again, you are wrong.

Was that nice enough for you?

Really? I got nasty first? Ok.

I didn’t lose an “argument”. I pointed out how wrong you are. Again.

At any rate, you can’t spell. And like I said, rubber is a poor materiel for bushings. And dampers.

You said the OE’s “know best” and again, you are wrong.

Was that nice enough for you?
The OEs do know best. They know best how to build cars on the cheap.

RB,
The only thing you are 'pointing out' to me...& others...is how ignorant you are.

I've run my cars for YEARS and tens of thousands of miles on the street with poly and Delrin bushings. When properly installed, combined with other high performance parts, and properly maintained they will both outperform and outlast rubber bushings in every suspension location these cars have.

The factory built these cars to be grocery getters for little old lady's, and to be cheap to produce. The performance models were all about advertising, since most of the Mopar "muscle cars" built had /6's. Installing poly and delrin bushings requires additional checks and corrections to factory tolerances that would have dramatically increased costs. You have to consider what the factory built these cars to do, how long they were supposed to last, and what the bottom line was. The factory did not do what was best, they did what would make them the most money. Always. If best handling was what they had in mind, they wouldn't have spec'd negative caster for manual steering cars even with bias ply tires. But that wasn't the goal, easy to drive was the goal, so the manual steering was 24:1 and the factory caster was 0 to -1°. Not because it was best, but because the general public wanted light steering.

You can't just blindly say the factory knew best. They did what they did for very specific reasons, and best handling performance wasn't one of them. And it bears repeating, that was 50+ years ago. Technology has improved, even if what the factory did 50+ years ago was best then (it still wasn't), it wouldn't be "best" now. And it isn't for many applications.

I was a joke son! Or are you that ignorant to see! Grease fittings in the lower pins, Adjustable Struts, so I stated you may want to install grease fittings in the upper bolts because you swear by the lube!!!! for your good buddies , But you just keep writing the book

Sorry, all of your suspension advice is a joke, so it's hard to tell when you think you're being serious.
It really comes down to a personal choice. Can you stand a little extra road noise and vibration? Then great, run poly or delrin. Want it to handle like stock? Fine, use rubber. No need to throw third grader insults at each other for the other's choice. People have run poly bushings for DECADES on Mopars and you don't see problems on a large scale. So, that means either one of two things. Either incorrect installation, or defective parts. Take your pick, but all this childish nonsense with all the name calling adds to none of these discussions. It really needs to stop.

In the end, just run whatever bushings you want to run.

Exactly. It depends on the application, it depends on how the car will be used, and it depends on the other parts in the build. If you're really thinking about it, it depends on who's going to be working on the car, because a lot of the big alignment shops won't mess with aftermarket parts they don't install themselves.

If you want to use all factory parts, poly is not a good choice for your bushings. They require better tolerances than you usually get from all factory parts. If you need to take it to the big name alignment shop on the corner, you might want to stick with rubber and factory stuff. If you're adding aftermarket parts and increasing performance, then poly and delrin is the way to go. But you need to pair them with other aftermarket parts (adjustable strut rods, for example) so you can adjust the tolerances and set everything up nice and tight.

a buddy lets his girl friend give you hand job.
a good buddy lets her give you the whole nine yards.
I never had a buddy that puffed on peters.

-
Back