Power block for gauges and etc?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
So I was thinking about this the other day. You know how when you get a new set of gauges and you need to go looking for where to splice in for swith 12v or for the lights or for a ground? I was wondering if it would be possible to make like a mini power box with the ability to plug female connectors right into the box when you need one of the 3. So at the bottom of the box would be a ground wire, a 12v and a wire for the lights this way theres no more hassel, its just plug and play.. Tell me what you guys think...this could also be mounted on the dash or firewall that way theres no more splicing into the fuse box.

That's what I did in mine. Just a fuse block tied in off a keyed power source. 6 spots for blade fuses, just plug your female connector to it. Got it from NAPA. I have my gauges and cd player running from it.

Can I see pictures and where you got the power to power the block? please

I don't have any pics right now, ill try to get some this weekend. I pulled my factory block down and there's unused spaces in it. I tied in off of that, so it'd be off keyed power. You could run a power from the battery and a relay off a keyed hot to trip the relay to power the block. It just depends on what you're wanting to run. I wasn't too worried about overloading anything. My gauges are mechanical so I just have the lights for them, and my cd player.

I too would like see pictures of that. I plan on redoing my car with a late model fuse box as well as a power block to power all my interior things (gauges, lights, CD player, Power seats, etc).

-
Back