Power Booster ?'s

-

abodybill

Reaction score
Got a couple questions on the brackets for the power booster.

The bracket that the booster bolts to and it bolts to the firewall is it plated like the booster in the gold color or just plain cad or painted?

Same thing on the fender bracket and then last the long support one that goes to the firewall under the booster.

I got to get my booster rebuilt and before I send it out I like to know about the other above parts.

Thanks,

Bill,
You didn't say what car model it is for, but on my 69 Dart, the booster itself is NOT plated at all, but the 2 heavy brackets to the firewall are gold cad. I also don't have the other 2 long, thin brackets you refer to, and I see no evidence of them ever having been on this car, but I do see them in the service manual. I can't comment on their finish.
I also think that the different assembly plants used different vendors, so what would possibly be correct for a MI built car may not be true for an LA built car etc.

Please post a picture of the other 2 thin brackets to the inner fender/firewall if you can. I'd be interested in seeing them.
Hope this helps some.
Good Luck!

George

George,
It's for the Mr.Norm's car as I will be sending the booster out for rebuild.

I talked to Dewey as in "Booster Dewey" and he told me send it in and will do it.

The one is called a support as it goes from the bracket that holds the booster to firewall and the other is called bracket goes from the fender to the bottum stud of the booster.

I will try and get pictures of them but will be later as I took a fall in the stikin snow/ice here in Michigan on way to shop to pull the booster.

Will get back as soon as can.

Thanks,

Booster Dewey rebuilt my K-H power disc brake booster for my 1969 340 Swinger and he did an outstanding job. Highly recommended!

Here are the brackets/supports I need to know what type of plating they need.

They are the circled ones if it comes out as I'm not very up on putting things on the computer.

Thanks,

2008-03-01-1039-26.jpg

-
Back