Not open for further replies.

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Contact seller
I need a power brake booster boot for a 73 Dart Sport. All I can find is for a 64-66 a body and it looks like the same thing but I dont know if it is or not. ebay item # 150251537664 is what it looks like. has anybody had this problem before. none of the parts houses carry them. they want to see the whole booster.I have a pic here below.let me know if you have one. I think they are the same on the Dusters also. thanks,Bill

Attachments

• DSC03460 (Copy).JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 244
same as the rest of them. it will prolly fit but the mfg will only guarantee fit for 64-66 abody. someone on here has to have a good used one. if not I will go ahead and buy one and make it fit. Its only a dust boot.

The one posted is a round area for the pushrod and not slotted. I just don't see one listed for the A body with PB.

my son took this one out the other day because I wanted to know what it looked like before we put a carb and lines on it and he told me it was rusted inside. So it is goin in the scrap pile. just have to decide whether to go new or a good used. I posted in the wanted section.

You can clean them pretty easily as long as you have some help. I cleaned mine and have had zero problems.

Get a couple of short pieces of chain, two or three bolts, and old key ring with a bunch of old keys on it. Throw them in the tank and with the help of someone shake it all about, rinse and repeat. It's really quite easy to do. As long as the outside of the tank looks solid, I'd give that a shot might save you some money.

Blow the lines out with compressed air from engine compartment to the back. Cut a piece of felt paper to go on top of the tank (form fit it) then install it.

I think this one is too far gone. this car sat in a field for sometime. Afueldigger has one and depending on what it looks like and shipping costs I may get his and I may get a new one. But damn that booster boot.

I got a new booster from rock auto and it came with one. Complete and rebuilt. Rt specilties has just the boot but it's $30. I think my new booster was around $100 but I have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back