Power steering pumps which style is better?

-

lee g

Reaction score
Need a V8 power steering pump pulley for my S6 to 360 swap. Is there any advantage of the Saginaw or the Federal? I know I searched a local salvage yard and the Saginaws are everywhere but not one Federal this trip. My old S6 pump is a Federal but I have to buy new hoses anyway so is the Saginaw the better option due to availability?

Need a V8 power steering pump pulley for my S6 to 360 swap. Is there any advantage of the Saginaw or the Federal? I know I searched a local salvage yard and the Saginaws are everywhere but not one Federal this trip. My old S6 pump is a Federal but I have to buy new hoses anyway so is the Saginaw the better option due to availability?

I found my Saginaw at the wrecking yard too. Find one where the pulley is held by a nut and you're golden!

Oh, I also got it with the hose since the hose looked almost new.

Unfortunately all the saginaws I saw had press on pulleys and none of them are on a A body.

I've got one if you pay the shipping you can have it, I swapped to magnum. It does need the inverted flare fitting on the back, but you can find that on anything 1979 and older Gm or Mopar for pretty much free.

-
Back