pulleys question

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Gonna put a magnum in my dart. Can I just use all the serpentine setup already on the magnum..I don't want ac but want to use the power steering and alternator. What do I need to do or is it easier to use v belt set up.

Gonna put a magnum in my dart. Can I just use all the serpentine setup already on the magnum..I don't want ac but want to use the power steering and alternator. What do I need to do or is it easier to use v belt set up.

Yes, you can. There is an A/C delete pulley available for about $30 all over the internet.
The P/S pump from a truck requires some battery tray modification, but the van pump/bracket works just fine. The van bracket is a little lower than the truck one.

So I can use the pump just need a bracket from a dodge van what tr...full size van right. Also how does the alternator hook up to factory wiring...I'm sure it has a built in voltage regulator. What about the power steering lines can the ones on my car work or do I use the truck or van lines...thanks

So I can use the pump just need a bracket from a dodge van what tr...full size van right. Also how does the alternator hook up to factory wiring...I'm sure it has a built in voltage regulator. What about the power steering lines can the ones on my car work or do I use the truck or van lines...thanks

I just picked up the entire pump/bracket assembly from the local yard ( yes, full size van ), it was easier for me to not have to get the pulley removed and the bracket swapped. Or you can mod the battery tray. I think there are some pics around here that show it.

The alternator has a 2 wire plug that comes from the PCM to regulate the voltage. The main power wire runs from the back of the alternator to the main input on the PDC ( power distribution center ). Your main + battery wire also connects to the main input on the PDC. There is a "main" section that has 2 lugs on it separated by a fuse. One side is for the alt and the other side is for the + batt and starter relay.

The power steering lines depend on what your car currently has. On my car the pressure line needed a little tweak to fit right into the new PS pump. I think I had a federal pump on the car when it was a slant.

-
Back