Pushrod to tube interference

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
Hey guys hopefully you can help me out here. I'm trying to get my engine assembled and I've hit a brick wall, and honestly, at my wits end with this 340 motor. Not to down Mopar, because I absolutely love my Scamp, but I have said more cuss words and spent way more money putting this engine together than any of the Chebby engines I've done.

So here's the issue: I have a set of nice X heads freshly machined with at least 40 hours of seat time in on porting and polishing. I bought a set of Mikes roller lifter from MRL and a lunati hydraulic roller cam. I tried sizing up a set of adjustable pushrods and have discovered that they are interfering with the pushrod tubes in the head. by the looks of it the holes would need at least .100" to .200" worth of clearance towards the cylinder side of the holes. I feel that would remove most, if not all, of the material that is creating the tubes. Does anyone have any experience with this? Pictures would be of great help also. Thanks!

grind em at an angle at top and bottom. i used a 5/16? burr and "wiggled" it to make the arc bigger.

I'm going to take them to my machinist and have him re-drill the tubes at a slight angle. Third time these f*ckers are going to the machine shop. Better be the last.

Thanks! I gave my machinist a copy of the second link. He said it's child's play for him lol.

-
Back