Question about tire size for 14"X 7" Mopar Rallye Wheels

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
OK, I had a blowout on the Duster last week and the Goodyear Polyglas tires are outta here. Now the problem, I already ordered 2 BFG 245 60 R 14 tires to replace the rear Polyglas which were D6014 tires. Well I got the BFG's today and had them mounted and balanced and put them on the back of the Duster and I hate the look. The tires look so small under the Qtr panels and do not fill up the wheel wells. So my next question is, What size tire can I use on a Stock Mopar Rallye Wheel 14' X 7" ? I will switch the 245's to the front I believe there will be plenty of clearance as the front now has Goodyear Polyglas d7014's and these look taller and wider than the Goodrich tires I just bought. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. The rear leafs are in the stock position and I am just looking for the tallest and widest tire I could mount to these rims. Thanks - maniac

I don't understand why you don't like it on there. I have them on mine too. I think you are gonna need to go to 15 inch wheels if you want some more meat under there. 245's are the biggest you are gonna find in 14 inch.

Attachments

• Duster340 016 [Desktop Resolution] [800x600].JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 810
  • Duster340 018.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 820
  • Duster340 014 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 806
If anyone out here has a pair of Mopar 15" Rallyes with centers and trim rings for sale please P.M. me. Thanks.

I don't understand why you don't like it on there. I have them on mine too. I think you are gonna need to go to 15 inch wheels if you want some more meat under there. 245's are the biggest you are gonna find in 14 inch.

What size are your front tires?

If you go up to the 15 inch wheel and the right back spacing for the tire width, you can go as wide as you want. The tire will end up sticking out of the wheel well if over 275 though.

You could buy at 70-series tire instead of a 60-series. It would be taller ! If thats what your looking for.

The reason is probably because those biased ply polyglas tires are more square on the outside edge of the tread. It gives a fuller look. I agree with you. I hate the rounded edges of the radial tires and the BFGoodrich tires have some of the most rounded edges out there.....that is IF that's what you're referring to. the old "Goodyear Eagle ST" tires were very similar in appearance to the squared off biased plys. They looked good and you can still find them NOS in some places.

I'm still debating my next move. I am not sure if I should just look for some different rims or try to bite the bullet and save my coin for a new set of 15" Rallye's. A friend of mine has a Duster with Weld Prostars and he is running an insanely wide rear tire on his car. It looks really cool. I am still kind of uncertain on which direction I will proceed in. Thanks for all the input guys.

-
Back