Quicktime or Lakewood

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
IMM is building a nice 500 horse smallblock motor for me and I've decided to go with a scattershield. Didn't want but I'll be racing it occasionally, so I guess I have to.

So which shield is an easier install, less fabrication, etc?
I don't want to cut up my car, it's an original 340 Demon.

I'm using Doug's headers(maybe switching to TTI) and using all the factory clutch linkage.

I've heard good and bad about both, so I'm hoping all you experienced guys can lead me in the right direction :)

If you are going to buy new and plan on using an adjustable clutch down the road, consider spending a bit more for an access window that is now available and sfi approved from both Lakewood and Quicktime.
could possibly be added on later but dont know if it cost more to have them add it later or buy it up front.

ive got an old lakewood.

it fits the chassis pretty well. nothing major there. linkages and trans fot right up.

youll have to cut it a lot to get the TTI's to clear.

michael

I've read some older posts here about linkage binding issues with the Quicktime. Don't want ugly issues. Got enough problems to deal with now.
Are you running stock clutch linkage or hydraulic?

I've read some older posts here about linkage binding issues with the Quicktime. Don't want ugly issues. Got enough problems to deal with now.
Are you running stock clutch linkage or hydraulic?

Im one of those guys....there's also a stickshift forum where a couple mopar guys there had the same problem... my next can will be anything but a quicktime

as far as fitment though, they do fit nice

-
Back