Race Ramps

-

JTG

Reaction score
Has anyone on here used this product before? and is it completely safe to work under the car with it being elevated off the ground with these race ramps and nothing else?
race ramps.jpg

Probably fine if you observe all the usual safety precautions.
Like are they straight, on a level surface with the tire centered on them.

I would always use a pair of jackstands under the car somewhere. Always. They don't have to be fully loaded, but you should at least set a pair under the rails or suspension near where you're working and have them in contact with the car.

Yup a set of jack stands in addition won't hurt and could very well save your butt.

I would always use a pair of jackstands under the car somewhere. Always. They don't have to be fully loaded, but you should at least set a pair under the rails or suspension near where you're working and have them in contact with the car.

72bluNblu thanks for the response, any work that requires my entire body to be under the car I always use jack stands including leaving the floor jack in place under the K frame or under the axle depending which end I'm working on (just in case). The work this time requires no obstructions in my way. I think it would be a safer alternative to go with the old school red ramps pictured instead of the race ramps, any thoughts?
car ramps 2.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on the ramps. The ones you have pictured may be stronger because they're tied together across the bottom and have that extra down brace in there. But I see a lot of those metal ramps that aren't tied together across the bottom and don't have the extra brace, and those can be sketchy. The only thing keeping that kind from pancaking is the shape the metal is stamped into.

It all comes down to the crush strength of the support, the amount of surface area they cover on the ground, and how well the wheels are stopped from rolling off the support. Race Ramps is a reputable company, those metal ramps are produced by a lot of companies that aren't so great. Not saying that's what you have, but they're out there.

-
Back