raced my buddy's 05 nissan 350z

-

scottymizt

Reaction score
well guys i figured it was time i gave her her first race since she hasn't been mobile in about 20 something years. I have driven this 05 350z before and with me driving i managed a 13.7 @101mph. This thing is completely stock and it just plain hauls :) . I have been having problems as some of you might have seen in the engine section. The car was hesitating alot on top end but i figured what the heck i can always try. So we head down a back road(paved) and we find a nice area with minimal houses and open area to look for deer. We line up and then i realize just how much shorter his car is than mine :scratch: So he says for me to start, i do and in the excitement i had total tire spin and he hooked and got a good jump once i hooked i stayed with him for a little while til he started pulling pretty good and we shut down. I knew he would beat me but i figured i'd be a bit closer. We did a rolling start and it was much closer but he slowly pulled on me as my cuda had the hesitation problem. Well after checking the forum i saw that mark replied to my hesitation problem and he told me how to set the timing without a timing mark on the dampner(thanks again mark!!!) well it made a huge difference. I called him and we have a rematch scheduled!!!!! :D

i am going to get a little more done before i race again, i want to suprise him :D

Go to a track. Not because I'm a huge 'keep it off the street promoter'... but in the event you do beat him...he'll have plenty of excuses and such. I'd pick a street night with a prepped track and go at it, get times, see how much who beat who by, a lot less variables as far as who started first, and such...

Go get 'em!

I know i am a better racer than he is and i think we will goto the track and run just for that reason. I jus ordered the new head gaskets to bump up the compression a little more they should be in next week and i should have them in by the weekend after and i think the track is open.

wanted to give an update guys we did a rolling start on monday and we stayed even with him in 2nd i think and me in 3rd. I wasn't expecting to race but he waved me next to him and gunned it so i did too. He did pull on me a little as we went through the gears(me one more him 4 more) after a certain point he was gone. But was damn fun and shows the old girl just might pull a 14 sec run. :toothy7:

-
Back