Radiator for blown 440 in Duster

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
Putting together a blower motor for the Duster. Space is tight as it is between engine and radiator and the blower drive is only going to make things worse. Wondering what folks are using for radiator (and fan) on a setup like this. Would a two row aluminum rad keep temps under control? Until now I've had a 22" 3-row copper/brass which as been adequate with the NA 440.

It'd be nice if an inexpensive Champion radiator would work.

Attachments

• Drive mockup 01.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 3,083
A Be Cool 26" aluminum 2 core rad will do you great. Now if you want to run electric fans try a stagger 2 or 4 smaller ones.

like your build and your car. i have 71 dart with a 440 in it. and a 72 duster with a 383 in it. like the blower set up your puttin on your 440.

like your build and your car. i have 71 dart with a 440 in it. and a 72 duster with a 383 in it. like the blower set up your puttin on your 440.

Thanks, 7172. BTW, the blower case will have a black wrinkle finish to match the valve covers.

Putting together a blower motor for the Duster. Space is tight as it is between engine and radiator and the blower drive is only going to make things worse. Wondering what folks are using for radiator (and fan) on a setup like this. Would a two row aluminum rad keep temps under control? Until now I've had a 22" 3-row copper/brass which as been adequate with the NA 440.

It'd be nice if an inexpensive Champion radiator would work.

where i can find the crakshaft drive belt pulley ?

On the radiator issue, I ended up getting a Summit Universal cross flow (SUM-381428). Had a friend Tig some mounting brackets on. On sale for $170. It's advertised as not having a bung for a petcock but it came with one - including the valve.

Those 2 row 1" tube radiators wont cut it. Griffin has some 2 row 1.5" tube radiators rated for 6-800hp im gonna go with. I'd already have one but they are out of the 1.5" tube for a couple more weeks. They are used for Nascar drafting and run about $450.

Those 2 row 1" tube radiators wont cut it. Griffin has some 2 row 1.5" tube radiators rated for 6-800hp im gonna go with. I'd already have one but they are out of the 1.5" tube for a couple more weeks. They are used for Nascar drafting and run about $450.

You may be right but I'm hoping it will cut it. The blower drive does not allow for thick core radiators.

-
Back