Random Orbital Polisher Recommendations

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a random orbital polisher? Trying to come up with gift ideas for Christmas.

Adam, would the Sears ones be good enough for polishing after wet sanding? I've heard good reviews about the Porter Cable 7424 but it costs $130 ... quite a bit more than the Craftsman ones.

I got one for christmas 2 years ago. That thing works great.
I would recomend one to all. Came with all the bonnets.
Use it every spring on both the Duster and the Dakota R/T.
Haven't had any problems.

Adam, would the Sears ones be good enough for polishing after wet sanding? I've heard good reviews about the Porter Cable 7424 but it costs $130 ... quite a bit more than the Craftsman ones.

I dont think any orbital is going to be good enough to polish after wet anding. Your going to need an high speed buffer for that. I have a Dewalt and a Makita for that. Both are in the $300 range.

if your only gonna buff the car after wet sanding once,you can buy a buffer from harbor freight tools for @50.00,they also offer remanned dewalt buffers when avalible for have the 300.00 new price.If your gonna buff a lot of cars,the varible speed dewalt is the only way to go.Ours is well over 15 years old,and still works like new.

Griot's Garage has them along with pads, compounds, and waxes. I think part of the point of a random orbital is not to scuff the paint once applied. We used to used them to prep aluminum aircraft skins because a non-random had a tendency to burn through,

I Second, Third...4th? the Sears models. I have and 11 inch I have been using for years and it has been an awesome piece of gear to have in the garage!

-
Back