Rear suspension mounting holes.

-

BIG DOG

Reaction score
I'm putting in the front box to relocate my rear springs . How far down from the top of the box should the hole be? Looking at it now with a stock spring as reference I would have about 3/16" from the top of the spring to the top of the box. Is that enough to allow for differences in springs and also bushing movement and such? It essentally is 1 1/2" down from the inside of the box I'm also putting a lower bolt hole so if I want to move them down I can ? (clear as mud!)
Thoughts ideas suggestions appreciated.
Thanks!

Nobody knows or is it not clear as to what I'm asking? I'm making my own so mine didn't come with holes already drilled so I'm trying to fiigure out where they go.
Thanks!

stick the front spring mount back in it's holes and measure the distance from the body to the hole. drill the new one that distance and one on top and one on the bottom.

Attachments

• older Pictures 379.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 103
  • older Pictures 384.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 110
But how much space do I need for the one on top to be functional?I don't want the spring to bottom out before the hole can lne up!
Thanks!

I would recommend doing this

Attachments

• spring box.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 117
Bolt on your old front spring hangers. Your new hole should line up with the hole in the old hanger.

I understand what you are saying but if you look at roccodarts picture above his lower holes are the ones that would line up with the old spring hangers .If I wanted to put holes farther up into the frame like the upper hole he has to lower my rear suspension some how high can I go with that hole to still be able to fit the spring in and make it function?

I would recommend doing this

This is what I want to do your lower hole is the original hole I want to know how much higher I can put the upper hole so that the spring will still fit or will 3/16" clearance between the top of the spring and the box top be enough for it to function properly?

Thanks!
attachment.php

This is an RMS box. I question how much more adjustment he left on the table/

Just give it a little clearance and you'll be fine. Once the eye is bolted up solid, it doesn't move, it just pivots slightly with suspension travel.

-
Back