Rear tail lights do not work. Went out. What to do?

-

OlDuster

Reaction score
:cry: I just got my turn signals and brake lights working. I did not have the flasher plugged into the system. Once I plugged the flasher in, everything worked! My wife followed me to the store and told me my right tail light was not working. I took the rear panel out and checked the bulb. It looked good. I took the good bulb and tried it in the passenger side and it did not work. When I put it back in the driver's side it also stopped working. I went down and got 2 new bulbs. Neither of them worked. I now have no power to the rear tail lights. Neither running, brake or turn signals work. I check the ground and cleaned it up. I also used a cable to make certain the lights were grounded. No light. I have the side lights and front turn signals (they turn on and stay on when you put the turn signal on, side to side.

Where do I go? I have thought about a new flasher. But won't the light just stay on in the rear like the front? Is there a connector in the trunk? I need your help guys! :eek:ops:

Does the interior light work? I had a fuse blow and the tail lights
and interior light all worked off the same fuse. Check the fuses,
a long shot but you never know.

Are you absolutely positive you have a good ground??

It does not sound like you do seeing as the only thing you have done is to remove the bulbs. The power feed for turn/brake and tail are two seperate circuits, so the only common denominator is a bad ground.
The bulbs are in the right way?

I have cleaned up the ground wire that screws into the metal bracket at the rear of the trunk. I even used a separate cable to make certain it was not the wire. It is grounded. Anyone else know where to look? What happens when the flasher goes out? I assume the light goes on, front and back, but does not blink. This one only the front comes on. No back lights. (except for rear side/running lights)

-
Back