Rebuilding Sun Visors

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone cares about rebuilding there sun visor but I finished my pair today and I am quite pleased with the results.

In my car they are a vinyl covered hard board with some cardboard protecting the board. The edges are sewn using an edging. I decided to go a different route. In my 06 Charger you can see the sun visor are basically two halves joined together. That is what I did I used the existing board as a guide to make a second copy that I carefully cut out. Then I glued a piece of thick paper to the two parts this was done to protect the fabric from the grease in the hinge. I then glued some batting to the fabric and glued the batting/fabric to the hard boards and carefully tucked and trimmed. Then I glued the two halves back together.

j5vz0z.jpg

2ljhs9v.jpg

6nxhzl.jpg

264n8lj.jpg

That is pretty darn sweet! My visors are great, but the ones in my Triumph Spitfire are not. I think I'll give it a shot and save myself $200. Thanks!

Total parts cost me about 20 bucks give or take a few bucks. I bought a yard of fabric and one bag of craft batting. If you need anymore info let me know and I will try and help. Innovative solutions have become my specialty.

-
Back