Redneck Engineering - Show what you got.

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Here is a bell crank ball stud that someone put together in my son's 67 notchback.

I think the allen wrench is a nice touch.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 343
What, no one out there has any hack job stuff out there?

Here is a bell crank ball stud that someone put together in my son's 67 notchback.

I think the allen wrench is a nice touch.

I was looking at some of my old pics one night, got embarrassed, and deleted them. when I was still in high school, back in the late '60's-had a 1960 Ford Galaxy tank with a 292, 2 speed. Found a wrecked Mercury. Installed the 390 and the cruisomatic. Problem bolting trans to crossmember, couldn't find one in junkyards.

So;30 wraps of tie wire to hold it down, a 2x4 wrapped on each side, to hold it straight; won some 1/4 mile trophys with it. I couldn't afford a welder for 6 more years.

Can't find the correct kick-down? Crap, I was ahead of the game. Put a bracket, with a hole in it on back of trans, 1/8 aircraft cable from trans lever to underside of the holley lever, adjust; good to go. lol.

Exhaust pipes have holes, can't pass state inspection? bondo and sand, hace wife tow you to station. Start up, and get visually passed. On the way home, open it up and blow out the bondo. (still, no welder)

I could write a book. Way back, got a 78 T/A 400 for $175, gunk in pan, it spun a rod bearing at low speed. Cleaned it up, 600 grit on the crank, cleaned and super-glued in new rod bearing. My son abused that engine, and never a problem, I was trying to limp it along for 6 more months.

-
Back