Regarding the biggermopar performance valve covers

-
Ok. I did offer help, yet all you want to zero in on is my tongue in cheel smartassness. So mark this on the wall. I could come back and help when you finally do post pictures, but I won't. You act like you can't take a smartass jab from a fellow car guy just ribbin you. I know what I would call that, but I'm trying not to talk like that anymore so I'll just call you a sissy. Use your imagination. You made the list.
FF off rusty your a bully end of story. Every thread ive posted your just a smart *** its un necessary. Im seeking advice not a smartass

@Mopar64340 Rusty is a lil baby isn’t he. He did the same thing to me over something innocuous and then put me on ignore. I had even given him parts for free before.

Hard to respect your elders when they act like children. Just cause a person has some age on them doesn’t make them worthy.

I used them on several engines but I always had the fins and logo milled off to hide the miss location of the breathers for my rocker clearance. I could not use the factory style breather with the baffle in the cover. I had to use the Mr. Gasket style with the baffle built into the breather. I ended up going to a fabricated aluminum set and got much more clearance.

With the mopar set I had to use 2 gaskets and a spacer for clearance plus mill the stands of on the inside. I used T&D rockers

The mount kit with studs and baffles were a separate package and was over $100 . The covers fit and work great on factory style heads with rocker stands and OEM style adjustable rockers.

The spacers can be laser cut at local machine shops out of 1/4 inch aluminum. If you turn the covers over you will see there is pushrod reliefs cut into the covers. These must be cut into the gaskets and the spacers. That is why they are reverse flange to use with offset rocker stands on W2 race heads

If you decide to go with different covers I would be interested in them for much more then you paid. But only if they are not cut or drilled. I have the installation kits for them for the standard gaskets and ordered the raised studs from Fastenal for spacers Fastenal closed near us so I wouldn't know where to get the studs anymore.

I use allen bolts on the fabricated covers. Never drill the covers or try to break a hole in them. Have them milled at a machine shop after locating the hole to clear the rocker gear. I have had the fins remove because the breathers didn't end up centered where they should have been compared to the designated spot in the covers.

They are called reverse flange for a reason.

View attachment 1716175266

View attachment 1716175268

View attachment 1716175269

View attachment 1716175270
Thank you for the help.

Question: what bolts did you use for them ?

Thank you for the help.

Question: what bolts did you use for them ?
There was a stud kit for them available through Mopar Performance.

batten2.jpg

-
Back