relays???

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
were is the relay for the tail lights?

the brake lights work... the signals work and the back up lights work

but the parking lights for night dont work

and is there a relay for the horn?? or jsut the fuse box?

how do i take the fuse box down so i can see if theres something wrong?

no relays for the tailights, none of the parking lights work, correct? or do the fronts?

as for the horn, i'd start with jumping power to the horn and see if you even have a good part to work with first. Have you tried that? Do you have any blown fuses? Don't start yankin on 30year old wiring under there just yet..

the parking lights work

front blinkers OK
head lights OK
brake lights OK
rear signals Ok
backup lights OK
nite tail lights NOT OK

and the horn works i know it does becasue i replace the fuse when it BLOWS and it works but then it blows is there a line that has a fuse from the horn to the fuse box??

Just had to replace the horn relay in the cuda..It was on the passenger side on the radiator support...Goody's right no relay for the parking lights...could be the switch.

Do you have the right bulbs in the taillights? The orientation needs to be correct for the tail lamps and brake lamps to work. If you have the wrong bulbs you will usually have what you have half the circuit working.. had the same problem with my fathers 51 chevy I just looked up and purchased the correct bulbs and they worked perfect...If your lights are dim you need to add star washers to your grounding points.They dig into the metal giving a nice ground.

theres a button on the switch you push in and the stem comes out and then it unscrews from the dash in front

-
Back