Restoring a 71 Swinger

-

ES848

Reaction score
New to the forums and just thought I'd introduce myself. Having always wanted to undertake a project restoration, I finally had an opportunity to pick up a 71 dart swinger 318 car with 904 auto and a little more rust than I care to admit. The previous owner had the car sitting outside for almost 15yrs. Cars complete as far as I can tell, runs and drives (a little rough) and for the most part needs a hell of a cleaning, but being a college student and working full time this thing was somewhat local and in my price range so I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase. I plan to do a complete tear down and rebuild being somewhat budget friendly. As I dive into this i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions seeing as this will be my first restoration project so bare with me haha. If I can figure it out ill try to post a few pics of the car...
When I first picked her up:
image3.JPG

A little disassembly:
image2.JPG

WELCOME-- I am sure these guys on FABO will be a lot of help to you if you need it as they have to me.
Yote

Last edited:
Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

New to the forums and just thought I'd introduce myself. Having always wanted to undertake a project restoration, I finally had an opportunity to pick up a 71 dart swinger 318 car with 904 auto and a little more rust than I care to admit. The previous owner had the car sitting outside for almost 15yrs. Cars complete as far as I can tell, runs and drives (a little rough) and for the most part needs a hell of a cleaning, but being a college student and working full time this thing was somewhat local and in my price range so I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase. I plan to do a complete tear down and rebuild being somewhat budget friendly. As I dive into this i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions seeing as this will be my first restoration project so bare with me haha. If I can figure it out ill try to post a few pics of the car...
When I first picked her up:
View attachment 1714957554
A little disassembly:
View attachment 1714957555
SWEET

I'm doing a '70 Dart right now...
getting close to startup!
Let me know if u need any help :)

Thanks everyone! So far so good, just plugging away at disassembly little by little. Got the majority of the big stuff off, bumpers, hood, doors, fenders etc... Currently working on the interior and removing all the glass and trim. Hoping to tackle the engine, trans, suspension and the all mighty fun electrical by the end of next month. I have to say though the more I take off the more my wallet hurts. Its just one surprise after another. Forgive the bad quality cellphone pic
IMG_0870.JPG

-
Back